Jose Canseco, Public Signing, May 30, Mansfield, Mass.

Cardboard Promotions

Premier Member
Credits
Baseball legend Jose Canseco will be an autograph guest from 10:30 to 12:15 at my sports card show on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30 at the Holiday Inn in Mansfield, Massachusetts.

Mail order autograph on your card, $19 each plus SASE. Mail order autograph on your "any other item", $23 plus return shipping, $7 per inscription (such as 1986 AL ROY, 1988 AL MVP, 6X All-Star, 2X W.S. Champ, 1988 40/40) In-person autographs are $19 each, any item/quantity, $6 for inscriptions. For all the details, go to Cardboard Promotions Home Page &, as necessary, click on "mail order autographs. Thanks, Doug

vince05

Founding Member
Website
phillygraphsttm.blogspot.com
Credits
Jose is doing a celebrity boxing match in my town in May. Should be interesting. Surprised though, he is fighting some local wacko and its like a dump setting. The newspaper said he got paid $7K. He must be hit up hard for cash.

Cardboard Promotions

Premier Member
Credits
Jose has contacted me by phone & by email letting me know that his minor league deal will have no impact on him honoring his prior commitments including this signing with me. As per the last post, Jose is scheduled to be in Pittsfield, Mass. the Saturday & Sunday before my card show, so he's just staying 1 more day in Massachusetts to get paid to do the appearance at my show. Although unconnected to me, here's the link on Jose's Pittsfield appearances: Canseco-Poulton rematch still on - Berkshire Eagle Online If anyone has any questions about the signing, you can email me, the promoter, at douglaskeating@gmail.com. Thanks, Doug

Last edited:

SDgrapher24

Premier Member
Credits
Jose has contacted me by phone & by email letting me know that his minor league deal will have no impact on him honoring his prior commitments including this signing with me. As per the last post, Jose is scheduled to be in Pittsfield, Mass. the Saturday & Sunday before my card show, so he's just staying 1 more day in Massachusetts to get paid to do the appearance at my show. Although unconnected to me, here's the link on Jose's Pittsfield appearances: Canseco-Poulton rematch still on - Berkshire Eagle Online If anyone has any questions about the signing, you can email me, the promoter, at douglaskeating@gmail.com. Thanks, Doug

You sure you weren't talking and emailing Ozzie instead? (Sorry, I know this joke is stale already)

FJMBoston

Founding Member
Credits
While nobody can predict the behavior of Jose/Ozzie Canseco, I can vouch 100% for Doug Keating, the promoter of this show and signing. I have known Doug for 20+ years and he is a decent, honorable person. Who knows what Jose will do, but I do know that Doug will do the right thing- period. His show is one of the longest running shows in Massachusetts and he always keeps any autograph fees more than fair and reasonable based on his costs. In a hobby with more than its' share of shady characters and dubous/unethical business practices, Doug is simply one of the good guys.