Long Island National Show, Hofstra

hsider1

Lifetime Member
Credits

hsider1

Lifetime Member
Credits
yeah he is, but he's also going to be managing in Long Island this summer so I figured I can just get him IP without paying $50 for it.

alejandro clemente

Premier Member
Credits
True, I'm also banking on picking him up while he is managing for the Ducks. Anybody know Carter's signing habits in person? Probably will check out a game against the Bears also, as Tim Raines is their manager.

JustCrazy

Lifetime Member
Credits
True, I'm also banking on picking him up while he is managing for the Ducks. Anybody know Carter's signing habits in person? Probably will check out a game against the Bears also, as Tim Raines is their manager.

He used to be a roving instructor for the Mets and whenever I saw him he charged to sign cards, but not other items. The money for cards is used to go to charity.

broc381

Founding Member
Credits
This is a great show, I have gotten many great deals there the times I have went. Besides the free autograph guys and the guys that charge for autos when I went Upperdeck had guys signing at their booth Jerricho Cotchery from the Jets the day that I went and not sure who was there the second day. You had to buy 4 packs of upperdeck product to get a free autograph from Jerricho. I ended up buying a box of the Yankees legacy cards and ended up with 6 free autos from Jerricho and the cool thing was upperdeck provided free photofile 8x10's. Would have been cool to know in advance but it was cool surprise, he was a cool guy and there was no one else in line so I got to chat with him for awhile. The only thing I didn't like was that I had to open the packs at the table in front of the upperdeck representative.

hsider1

Lifetime Member
Credits
Nice, I'm excited to go.

boss24

Premier Member
Credits
might be cool check broc- totally agree i would be pretty mad having to open the products in front of upperdeck lol always has to be a catch with upperdeck lol take care

MidSouth Minors

Founding Member
Credits
$20 for Ed Hearn????? I rarely question autograph pricing but good grief!

As far as opening the packs, it makes sense. For one, it keeps dealers from getting a bunch of free autographs then reselling the packs. For two, you have the excitement of someone opening packs so when someone hits, it generates more sales.

broc381

Founding Member
Credits
As far as opening the packs, it makes sense. For one, it keeps dealers from getting a bunch of free autographs then reselling the packs. For two, you have the excitement of someone opening packs so when someone hits, it generates more sales.

That wasn't the bad part, the problem was that the upperdeck rep was rushing me and no one was waiting for a graph and he even started to grab the packs to help me open them then I got pissed and almost said screw it. I emailed upperdeck regarding this and never received a response. Just another thing to add to my s list against them after not getting back several redemptions for autos.