Lou Brock at Jackson Generals 6/22 WARNING

MidSouth Minors

Founding Member
Credits
Just in case any of you are planning to go to Jackson this Saturday to see Lou Brock, I asked them how this would work on the Generals Facebook page and here's the response:

Jackson Generals Lou is being brought out by West Tennessee Healthcare as part of their Night of Heart. This is their appearance so we have to play by there rules. Lou will throw out a first pitch and address the crowd. Lou will only sign 100 autographs and will only sign for children. There will be a random "lottery" for the 100 children who will get the autographs.

vanslyke

Lifetime Member
Credits
So terrible...went to Indianapolis for Ozzie Smith and didn't even get through the line thanks to all the children...who don't even know who Ozzie Smith is.

MidSouth Minors

Founding Member
Credits
It doesn't bother me that they are letting kids get his autograph but they did advertise this appearance for two months before admitting that he wasn't signing for the general public. I talked to one guy tonight at the Generals game who planned a trip to Jackson for the weekend to see family around this time so he could get Lou at the game Saturday night. He found out tonight that he won't be able to get an autograph. Deceptive marketing practices like this do not turn out well for businesses who employ them.

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
Kinda reminds me of the Baybears GM the night he told me that Ozzie Smith would only be signing for kids. I responded some people are driving 3+ hours to get him. His reponse was they should just buy a ball off Ebay and save money on gas. Which is true but it kinda defeats the purpose of having a promotion anyways.

pookiejones

Premier Member
Credits
Pretty sure he has a photographic memory. He knew all his presidents, vice presidents and first ladies at age 3. At one point, he knew every country and their capital. Pretty funny - he would want me to quiz him and I would just have to take his word for the capital after awhile. Got sick of verifying the capital of Sudan, Uganda etc... and he was always correct.

He knows every current Reds player by number and position. This week he notified me of the 1990 Reds World Series starting line up and their numbers. I have no idea how he knows their numbers and he couldn't tell me when I asked him how he knew them! Baseball is his obsession right now which I am loving every minute of and my wife is being driven nuts by the two of us!! 24/7 baseball going on in our house right now. Pretty sure my wife wishes we did not have the MLB Network.

If he can that at age five - he should go on the stump the schwab show.

greatsacman

Lifetime Member
Credits
Pretty sure he has a photographic memory. He knew all his presidents, vice presidents and first ladies at age 3. At one point, he knew every country and their capital. Pretty funny - he would want me to quiz him and I would just have to take his word for the capital after awhile. Got sick of verifying the capital of Sudan, Uganda etc... and he was always correct.

He knows every current Reds player by number and position. This week he notified me of the 1990 Reds World Series starting line up and their numbers. I have no idea how he knows their numbers and he couldn't tell me when I asked him how he knew them! Baseball is his obsession right now which I am loving every minute of and my wife is being driven nuts by the two of us!! 24/7 baseball going on in our house right now. Pretty sure my wife wishes we did not have the MLB Network.

That's awesome!