Lou Brock at Jackson Generals 6/22 WARNING

Lofton0788

Lifetime Member
Credits
I see both sides of the argument, but generally agree that these "kids only" promotions with autographs are stupid. Though if only 100 people are going to get autographs in the first place, they should probably announce that too.

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
I see both sides of the argument, but generally agree that these "kids only" promotions with autographs are stupid. Though if only 100 people are going to get autographs in the first place, they should probably announce that too.

sounds like you should just find a kid to bring with you.

Singinsully02

Premier Member
Credits
The Jackson Generals tweeted today that there will be "NO AUTOGRAPHS AT ALL". They will do an auction for an autographed Brock jersey, with money going to West Tenn Healthcare.

MidSouth Minors

Founding Member
Credits
Here's the Jackson Generals Facebook post:

Quick note about Night of Heart: Hall of Famer Lou Brock will not be available for autographs during tomorrow night's game. However, there will be an autographed #20 Generals jersey up for auction with the proceeds benefitting the West TN Healthcare Foundation.

Thank you for your understanding. Tickets are available at the box office, by calling 731.988.5299, or by clicking the link below.

Lofton0788

Lifetime Member
Credits
sounds like you should just find a kid to bring with you.

I'm not saying anything specific about anyone here, but I believe there is a special level in hell for adults who pimp kids out for autographs

Anywho, I bet there are going to be a lot of angry people at the ball park tomorrow. Whats the point of bringing the guy in if you aren't going to have him sign?

Last edited:

Graphgetter

Lifetime Member
Credits
Y'all should return your tickets for a refund and boycott them. That's the only way you'll get your voices heard and even then they still prob won't care.

gmacdos

Lifetime Member
Credits
Wow he is signing a Generals jersey!!! Someone remind me how long he played there and his stats (sic). That is just a joke. I know the employees there hate the GM. I have gotten where I drive the extra hour to Jackson, MS so I can get autographs without being bothered. I am a Cardinals fan and a Lou Brock fan but this kind of stinks. Maybe Ted Simmons will be there scouting again and we can have 2 Cardinal greats that do not sign. Throw in Pete Vuckovich and you have the holy trifecta of non signing Cardinals.

Murphy 3

Founding Member
Credits
Anywho, I bet there are going to be a lot of angry people at the ball park tomorrow. Whats the point of bringing the guy in if you aren't going to have him sign?
I wish I was going tonight. I love a good car wreck, especially when I don't really need the guy. Spoiler Alert - Here's how this will go down: The Generals will blame West Tennessee Healthcare. West Tennessee Healthcare will blame the Generals. In reality, it's Mrs. Brock's fault.