New Stars for Young Stars

boswell423

Founding Member
Credits
The Red Sox and the Jimmy Fund are getting together again for the second annual charity benefit luncheon. Support the Jimmy Fund by coming out to Jillian's on January 6 for "New Stars for Young Stars II". Curt Schilling, Jon & Josh Papelbon, Craig Hansen, Manny Delcarmen, Clay Buchholz, David Pauley, and Phil Seibel will all be there signing autographs. There are 3 separate ticket packages starting at $99, and each ticket comes with entry and lunch for 4 people as well as autographs from all players in attendance. There will also be a silent auction. This will not only be a blast - but its for a great cause - ALL proceeds go to the Jimmy Fund and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.

Personally, I think this is a great deal. $99 for food for four people (which would seemingly mean autographs for four people) and all the money going to an absolutely excellent cause. It might be worth it alone for Schilling if you ask me, but adding both Paps (I'm sure Jeremy could be there as well), Hansen and Delcarmen ($20 alone at a show you figure) and Buchholz (top pitching prospect), your making out like a bandit.

http://www.jimmyfund.org/eve/event/new-stars/default.html

There's the link, if your in Boston I'd suggest going, and by going I'd mean actually buying a ticket and going in, rather than being a cheapskate and waiting outside for these guys rather than making the donation.
Jon

sugarcult2

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
That does sound like a pretty good deal and for a good cause. I'm sure there'll be some people going

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
yea I'm not missing out this year after someone said they were doing multiples last year. Plus adding Schilling to my collection would be great as well.

Cpurv

Premier Member
Credits
Wow this is really amazing and im so pumped for this. Think about this A. All the money goes to a terrific cause B. 100 dollars for essentially (im going with my family) 4 Curt Schilling, 4 Jon Papelbons 4 Craig Hansens 4 Manny Delcarmens, plus others is quite amazing. Wow, im soo excited for this!!! :)

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
Cpurv said:
Wow this is really amazing and im so pumped for this. Think about this A. All the money goes to a terrific cause B. 100 dollars for essentially (im going with my family) 4 Curt Schilling, 4 Jon Papelbons 4 Craig Hansens 4 Manny Delcarmens, plus others is quite amazing. Wow, im soo excited for this!!! :)

It is 1 autograph per ticket per person. Last year someone said they did multiples the young guys, like Hansen, and Moss. I called the guy last year who ran it and he said the other people who could eat lunch with you WERE NOT entitled to an autograph.

Cpurv

Premier Member
Credits
O i see. So basically for 100 bucks 4 people get tickets to get in and get lunch, and only 1 of those people can go and get autographs. So if i went with my family i would essentially only come away with one autograph from each player. Is this how it works. Also, this may sound stupid but you can have them sign anything you want right? Its not like they have a pre printed photo there just handing out right?

Last edited:

boswell423

Founding Member
Credits
Even so, lunch for 4 and 7 autographs including Schill and Jonathan Papelbon aint too shabby.

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
boswell423 said:
Even so, lunch for 4 and 7 autographs including Schill and Jonathan Papelbon aint too shabby.

It is basically a steal considering how much these guys cost at shows, and that Red Sox once they make the majors don't sign very often.