Orlando cepeda signing

Bleed Blue

Premier Member
Website
collectingsportsautographs.blogspot.com
Credits
Real disappointed that this signing was blown off. Bought 3 cards for this and was told by nymets575 that he was too busy to attend the event and now I own three unsigned Cepeda cards I purchased especially for this signing. Others who posted on this link got spots and never heard from him again. Not good on the lack of follow through since that is a key to posting a private signing on this thread.

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
other members and myself believe that this is a 14 year old. if that is true how did he get approved to post a signing? per the rules in the thread marked sticky tiltled 4 rules for a private signing that is not supposed to be happening

http://www.sportsgraphing.com/upcoming-signings/44807-4-rules-private-signings.html

i was going to get in on this one, but didnt only becuase i saw the immature pm's this guy sent me defending his buddy isaacandmark. glad i stayed away

Bleed Blue

Premier Member
Website
collectingsportsautographs.blogspot.com
Credits
Well and I saw that he was allowed to post the same private signing on SCN and he got a lot of flack when he acknowledged there that he wasn't going. Someone purchased a Cepeda RC for this signing. I think that perhaps we need some system in place where more eyes than just Alan's are on these. This would help prevent immature people from posting events and then not following through. It will also help speed the process up. I currently have a request in to post a private signing opportunity and my message to Alan has gone unanswered for 2 days. I am sure he gets busy and that may be one reason that this stuff falls through the cracks. Perhaps we should consider a committee of folks to review private signing requests. Any thoughts? Who do I take that to? Thanks.

nymets575

Premier Member
Credits
well if you want something i will give you the guys email who will be taking over the signing. i did get the guy from csa to let me do this and alan let me do this. i was almost positive it would get done by me until i had something in the family come up.

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
Well and I saw that he was allowed to post the same private signing on SCN and he got a lot of flack when he acknowledged there that he wasn't going. Someone purchased a Cepeda RC for this signing. I think that perhaps we need some system in place where more eyes than just Alan's are on these. This would help prevent immature people from posting events and then not following through. It will also help speed the process up. I currently have a request in to post a private signing opportunity and my message to Alan has gone unanswered for 2 days. I am sure he gets busy and that may be one reason that this stuff falls through the cracks. Perhaps we should consider a committee of folks to review private signing requests. Any thoughts? Who do I take that to? Thanks.

that is a great idea, keep this board from being the scn which is loaded with questionable signings. start a thread under feedback maybe it will be listened to.

we got good people hosting alot of good signings on both here and scn, guys like larry kassis, tom orr, bradley supplies and i would hate for them to leave us becuase the boards are full of goofballs.