Phillies Winter Caravan

GOOGLE

Founding Member
Website
themaniaccollector.blogspot.com
Credits
I was at the Crosscutters one on Thursday. Not good. Each player had a seperate handler and 1-2 per was stricktly enforced, and if you tried to get back in line, or even if there was no line, you couldn't go back to the table.

Not sure if it was the same elsewhere.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Didnt attend the Harrisburg one for the first time in a few years. By the looks of things on local news stations it was pretty crowded and wouldn't have been worth it. These days everything has so many handlers and people hanging around with the players they rush you in and out. Last one I went to Ryan Howard must have had 5 guys "handling" him.

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
I hit up the Garry Maddox Bowling Tourny last night on my way home from work. Didn't see Brett Myers, but I got everyone else I wanted, not bad for a whole 10 minutes of work! All 1/1.

Shane Victorino
JC Romero
Milt Thompson
Dick Allen
Von Hayes
Garry Maddox

I didn't recognize any other "celebrities." There was one other retired Phillies guy (I think) that I saw sign a big pic of the Vet, but I wasn't sure who it was.

As I was leaving there was a big limo bus thing pulling in. I didn't really care enough to hang out and see who was in it. I did see a HUGE TV screen in the back of it though!

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Good job on those guys....Myers was probably hiding somewhere so he didn't have to sign..:D I saw him on tv being interviewed..not sure if it was at that event or something else. He was actually smiling so I am not exactly sure if it was him or an imposter!:D

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
Good job on those guys....Myers was probably hiding somewhere so he didn't have to sign..:D I saw him on tv being interviewed..not sure if it was at that event or something else. He was actually smiling so I am not exactly sure if it was him or an imposter!:D
I've gotten Myers there a couple times before, so it was no real loss. That's the only place I ever get a decent sig from him. And like you said, it's the only time I've ever seen him in a friendly, accomodating mood! It's amazing what a video camera will do to a guy's attitude. ;)

I had run into Dick Allen there last year outside, he came out for a smoke. Another guy asked me, "You know who this is?" and Dick said "I'm nobody." I had nothing for him then, but I was sure to bring something this time. He's REALLY a cool guy to meet, very pleasant! Actually, everybody was pretty nice this time. Von Hayes thanked me, so that was cool.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Haha. I am looking forward to hounding Von Hayes this year..he's managing my hometown team....

GoPhillies23

Founding Member
Website
www.theweighinpodcast.com
Credits
I hit up the Garry Maddox Bowling Tourny last night on my way home from work. Didn't see Brett Myers, but I got everyone else I wanted, not bad for a whole 10 minutes of work! All 1/1.

Shane Victorino
JC Romero
Milt Thompson
Dick Allen
Von Hayes
Garry Maddox

I didn't recognize any other "celebrities." There was one other retired Phillies guy (I think) that I saw sign a big pic of the Vet, but I wasn't sure who it was.

As I was leaving there was a big limo bus thing pulling in. I didn't really care enough to hang out and see who was in it. I did see a HUGE TV screen in the back of it though!

Awesome job with those guys. It's always fun to get some of the old time Phillies IP.