Pro Footbal Hall Of Fame signings

steelerfan2112

Premier Member
Credits
Is it to early to start a thread. We know about the Class of 2012 signing on August 5. But what about the other signings on Saturday at the Hall and surrounding Hotels and Malls. Anybody know anything.

campy

Premier Member
Credits
It is way too early. Ususally you don't see those until 2-3 weeks prior. Are you attending?

SteelerHolic

Premier Member
Credits
They used to be off the hook...at least until Mounted Memories took them over and now they are an overpriced waste of time...

steelerfan2112

Premier Member
Credits
I agree SteelerHolic, Mounted Memories Screwed a good thing up. The other signings around town are still pretty good. Not that expensive.

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
Indeed....I have not been there since 2000. I enjoyed paying $65 for 13 guys and going through it as if it were an assembly line.

And, hanging out at the hotel and getting Bill Walsh (amongst others) on a niners mini-for free.

steelerfan2112

Premier Member
Credits
Envoy Collectables is having Ted Hendricks and Willie Brown on Saturday August 4 at the Holiday Inn.

ToppsHeritage2010

Premier Member
Credits
I went in 2010 and they had a signing at a nearby Holiday Inn with guys like Len Dawson, Bobby Bell, Deacon Jones, etc.for pretty reasonable prices.
Other than that Mounted Memories holds the big signing with the big names and charge ridiculous amounts usually;even more for that years inductees.

SteelerHolic

Premier Member
Credits
Indeed....I have not been there since 2000. I enjoyed paying $65 for 13 guys and going through it as if it were an assembly line.

And, hanging out at the hotel and getting Bill Walsh (amongst others) on a niners mini-for free.

I used to go every year as well and hung out at the hotel every time. Notable signatures I acquired were:

Joe Namath
Fred Biletnikoff
Don Maynard
Mike Singletary
Franco Harris
John Stallworth
Chuck Noll
and countless others

I still have a poster signed by about 45 members of the Pro Football HOF. It's a specialty poster that was created for the inductions in 1999 I believe. That year, was some kind of special celebration. Facsimile signatures of every HOFer are all around the poster. I loved going every year. Things have really changed though...I returned from Okinawa one year (after I just got back from Afghanistan) and it just had become an overpriced circus. Unfortunate too, because some of those signings were really fun and very affordable...