Ryan Braun Signing

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
National League Rookie of the Year Ryan Braun will be doing a photo and autograph session on Sunday, January 13th from 1:30-3:00 p.m at the Metropolitan Builders Association Expo.

Admission is $10 at the gate.....autos are free.

chrisbcubs

Lifetime Member
Credits
I may go to this. However what are everyones opinions? Will this end up like the Joba Chamberlin signings? Too many people?

swish54

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
It's in Milwaukee. Has anyone ever gone to the builders expo in Mil. and have they had guys sign at them before or is this the first one? I'm curious how their ran, if they'll have pictures there to be signed, and if you can have your own item signed. Just looking for some input, so I don't potential waste a day of driving for nothing.

jmoak

Lifetime Member
Website
jmoak0.tripod.com
Credits
I have been to the National Homebuilders Expo before and it is hit or miss on whether or not you wll be able to get your on items signed. You can bet that a vendor is bringing him in and they will have some sort of item with thier logo on it for him to sign. you may be able to get something else but it is going to be up to the vendor and how many people are there. I have noticed that at a lot of these there may be a decent line at first but it dies down toward the end and they are just sitting there.

Bill Walton was at the NAHB show a couple of years ago and hardly anyone was getting him so I was able to visit with him for 5 minutes or so. He signed a couple of the 8x10 provided by the vendor. Also at the NAHB you really don't know who is going to be there so it is hard to take stuff...The biggest line I remember was for people from that show Orange County Choppers? I think that was it but it is the Motorcycle people...That line was crazy...I didn't have a clue who they were...

chrisbcubs

Lifetime Member
Credits
So will this event not be worth it? only an hour trip for me+ $10 entrance fee what do you think?

Also how busy you guys think it will be? Should I get there around noon?

unclemoe

Founding Member
Website
topps08.blogspot.com
Credits
If you get there early I would be surprised if you didn't get an autograph. He's signing for 90 minutes which is a plus. This should be enough time to get through a decent size line.

moe.

MinorLeagueInk

Lifetime Member
Credits
Braun Signing

I live in Milwaukee and can say that this event is going to be huge! They have been advertising it on tv for weeks. The brewers had free signings throughout the season and these events were always jam packed even for lesser players. $10.00 will scare off some people, but I think it will still be huge since Braun is so hot. I imagine the line will be memorable. I have no idea whether we will be able to get personal items signed. Oh yeah!! CUBS FANS ARE NOT ALLOWED!!! :p

So will this event not be worth it? only an hour trip for me+ $10 entrance fee what do you think?

Also how busy you guys think it will be? Should I get there around noon?