Scott Scudder and Billy Bates Reds 1990 WS Signing

jj cool

Lifetime Member
Credits
https://www.facebook.com/SportsGallery/photos/pcb.945997782101085/945993278768202/?type=1&theater

Sports Collectibles & Memorabilia: Autographs, Jerseys, Balls, Bats - Sports Gallery, West Chester (Cincinnati), Ohio

Sports Gallery in Cincinnati will be having Scott Scudder and Billy Bates in for a signing April 26th.

Billy Bates- $40 for any item and $10 for inscriptions.

Scott Scudder- $20 for any item. Inscriptions are free.

Sports Gallery does an awesome job with these autograph signings. $40 for Billy Bates does seem quite steep though. Probably worth it if you need to finish any 1990 World Series items.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
I was wondering if they were going to bring someone in again during the Moeller show. Much like the Randy Myers signings, this is probably the only way anyone will get Bates.

snuffytut

Founding Member
Credits
I was wondering if they were going to bring someone in again during the Moeller show. Much like the Randy Myers signings, this is probably the only way anyone will get Bates.

i am told Bates did Moeller in the early 90's for $3 per. I have no memory of that at all. Really should have stocked up. Could have made a few bucks. :)

Chris

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
Bates was really tough many years ago as a AAA player for the Brewers. In 4 days I think I got him twice. That was back when it was rare for a minor league player to be tough.

pookiejones

Premier Member
Credits
I thought Billy Bates was suppose to be extremely tough now and I know people have been hammering ASG to get Bates in for a signing. A lot of Cincy people need Bates to finish up 1990 World Series projects. I am guessing they get a decent crowd for him. Too much for me though. I will pass.

icee82

Premier Member
Credits
I wonder if the price has driven some people away. A friend of mine is actually going to the signing so I am sending him a project that I am working on for Rijo (who is at The Sports Gallery several days before) and Bates as well as Scudder. He purchased the autograph tickets on Saturday and Bates was numbered 98. I would have expected it to be much higher. Rumor is...and I might add from a pretty reliable source that he is not coming back in for the ASG so this might be the only chance. On The Nasty Boys, they are going to be at The Sports Depot in Newport on Moeller weekend. You have to purchase a ticket for all of them to get one of them. They charged $200 for the first two reunions. This one is $250.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
Moeller weekend = 1990 Reds reunion weekend @ GABP

icee82

Premier Member
Credits
Yea I know...I was pondering on going but I am going to pour most of my money into the All-Star game weekend. I have a bunch of projects that I need to finish up and I am going to do that on All-Star game weekend. I would guess that will probably set me back $2500 or so.

Dave9819

Premier Member
Credits
Yea I know...I was pondering on going but I am going to pour most of my money into the All-Star game weekend. I have a bunch of projects that I need to finish up and I am going to do that on All-Star game weekend. I would guess that will probably set me back $2500 or so.

Any events for all star weekend been announced yet?