Southern Maryland Blue Crabs Open Tryout

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
This may be in the wrong thread....but if anyone wants to get a jump on Butch Hobson. And who knows who might show up. There are a lot of out-of-work minor leaguers out there...

The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball

Not until April 10, so maybe a list will leak out of prospective players. More likely, it'll be local college kids who didn't get drafted, that kind of thing. JBSouthFan, you're all over this, right?

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
All the teams will have these..not likely that there will be any prospective lists available beforehand as there havent been in the past. I've tried in the past to find them out here in lancaster. You're right though..its usually a bunch of locals ..some with college experience and others who just think they can play like professionals. Rarely they find a diamond in the rough..haha.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
In fact..here are the tryouts announced already:
York April 3
Somerset March 27
Newark April 10
Southern Md April 10

Since York, Lancaster and Camden are owned by the same people these may be a combo tryout with coaches from all teams attending. SM is also owned by that person so that may also be part of it as well.

graphage

Lifetime Member
Credits
Does anyone live in that area? I need Butch Hobson on a card for my set. I'd be glad to pay for it, or give you a few signed cards from my collection for it.

scoreset

Credits
And if for some reason Amy isn't able to get him, Southern MD is my "home" team for the Atlantic League, I can definitely get him during the season.

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
Also... SOMD fan fest is April 10th. Brooks Robinson will NOT be attending (due to his illness). I was told they will have 2010 Players and coaches signing, but No Brooks, so I doubt I will go.

scoreset

Credits
Seems odd to have Fan Fest (in general?) and open tryouts on the same day.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Lancaster is having their fan fest on AND an exhibition game with Camden on the same day.

scoreset

Credits
That makes a little more sense to me. I mean, at least that gives the impression that the roster will be a little more firmed up. How does a team have a fan base to merit a Fan Fest when they are simultaneously signing local college kids. LOL. I love Indy ball....