Tim Raines, Mike Torrez & Ron Karkovice - 1/7 in Newark NJ

MorpheusDreamweaver

Founding Member
Website
paulsrandomstuff.wordpress.com
Credits
The Newark Bears are inviting fans to the ballpark for the introduction of new manager Tim Raines at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday. The team's new ownership and the rest of the coaching staff is supposed to be on hand as well.

(Note that this is not an organized autograph session -- it's an open press conference, though I'll be surprised if any media are in attendance.)

For details, scroll down near the end of the post.

MorpheusDreamweaver

Founding Member
Website
paulsrandomstuff.wordpress.com
Credits
Wow morph...thats a pretty shabby move getting rid of Brandt! Thanks for the link.

I don't really have an issue with the team deciding to go in a new direction, but the new owners should have made it clear to Brandt that he was only going to be there for a couple of months from the beginning. I know some (probably all) of the team's other holdover employees were also let go today.

I'm not sure if I'm going to attend the Bears' event... the weather forecast looks awfully iffy for Wednesday morning. I would like to meet the new ownership and try to get a better sense of whether I want to put down money for tickets in Newark this year.

JNP624

Lifetime Member
Credits
darn. I need a Raines, but I'm in Baltimore

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
I don't really have an issue with the team deciding to go in a new direction, but the new owners should have made it clear to Brandt that he was only going to be there for a couple of months from the beginning. I know some (probably all) of the team's other holdover employees were also let go today.

I'm not sure if I'm going to attend the Bears' event... the weather forecast looks awfully iffy for Wednesday morning. I would like to meet the new ownership and try to get a better sense of whether I want to put down money for tickets in Newark this year.

Yeah I agree..if they were going to get rid of him (and anyone or everyone else) at least give them some sort of warning! I wish I was a little closer because I believe I would hit up that event. Hah...get a head start on Raines and Torrez.