York Revolution Hot Stove Banquet

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
I will have to go buy some Minor stuff. I hammered him when he was in Bowie.

HOT STOVE WITH JIM PALMER
Friday, December 21, 2007

Hall Of Famer To Headline Revolution's Banquet

Baltimore Orioles Hall of Famer Jim Palmer will headline the 1st annual York Revolution Hot Stove Banquet on Wednesday, February 6, 2008. The event will be held at the Valencia Ballroom, 142 N. George St. in Downtown York.

Palmer played his entire 19-year career with the Baltimore Orioles. Some of his vitals stats are:

- A six-time All-Star
- 268 wins
- 2.86 ERA
- Three-time Cy Young Award winner

The Hall of Famer will speak to, and have dinner with, the guests of the Revolution’s Hot Stove. Want to have dinner with Jim Palmer? CLICK HERE!

As is baseball tradition, an off-season Hot Stove dinner is held during the winter months. It is a time when certain team members and fans come together to discuss the highlights of the past year, as well as looking toward the upcoming season.

Revolution Manager Chris Hoiles, Coach Ryan Minor, and other guest speakers yet to be announced, will also be in attendance to discuss the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

If you attend the 2008 York Revolution Hot Stove Banquet, you will be served a sit-down meal, and will have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hear a Hall of Fame player in an intimate setting. You can purchase your Hot Stove Banquet tickets NOW!

A silent auction will be held with all proceeds benefiting the Strong Kids Campaign for YMCA of York and York County, which provides services and memberships for families who are unable to afford them. Through this Campaign, the YMCA will not deny anyone access due to their inability to pay.

Tickets can be purchased by clicking HERE, or by calling the York Revolution’s Apple Chevrolet Ticket Office at 717-801-HITS.

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisbcubs

Lifetime Member
Credits
If anyone can 50/50 Palmer, I will send ROMLB'S. Pm me if you can.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Yeah I have been hammering Ryan when he played in Lancaster and the past two years as he has been coaching in this league. Great guy....he always comes right over and starts talking to me when he sees me here!

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
ok...just called York, since there is no price on the website. $60.00 PP or $450.00 for a table of 8. NO Guarentee of an Autograph! There is NO SCHEDULED SIGNING at this event! The Revolotion say it's up to Jim if he signs, but there is "NOT an Autograph Signing, He is only speaking". So if Palmer wants to, he will/can sign, but if he doesn't want to, he wont. Just thought you all should know. I doubt I'll go since $60.00 for just a "shot" at Palmer is a bit much.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Yeah its the same at the Lancaster one as well for Von Hayes and John Kruk I think. Nothing is scheduled but they may sign. Thats why I havent made plans to go to either one of these events...at this time. I may try and do outside but I am not sure yet.

JSG1984

Founding Member
Credits
I hate that. Back when I was in 2nd grade, the Phillies use to do a caravan (it continued until they started doing the mall thing), and they would bring in the players, do a banquet, and then after the banquet everybody would sign for an hour and a half or so. It was so wonderful. You actually got to listen to the players speak, and then you got a really nice signature because they weren't booking it out of the place. It was actually the reason I started collecting autographs.

Sorry about the rant, it just drives me nuts when they do this.