2010 Phillies Phestival

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
utley or howard is likely. wouldnt it be nice if they got taguchi to come back and they did a reunion thing. i know its not likely but nice to wish. ill b there bright and early but wont say when cuz i wanna be the first one this time :)

DHornung

Premier Member
Credits
This will be my first year attending the ALS Phestival. Can someone let me know how the event is run? From this thread I understand that there are a few guys at photo booths for pictures only. How about the other guys? Are they set up at tables for autographs? Thanks in advance for the info!

Jwolfer

Lifetime Member
Credits
My first one was last year. There were two players, Lidge and Victorino, in the photo booth along with charlie manuel. Those tickets were an additional $35 i believe. Everyone else was at a table. Most tables had 2 players, coachs, announcers, etc. or a combanation of a player and a coach. The bigger names were at their own tables, Ibanez, Rollins, Hamels, Utley, Howard was supposed to be but he had the flu. If there are no lines you can usually go and pay about $5 for an autograph. Last year Mayberry had no line so he was open for that. I would also recommend buying some grab bags. I bought 3 last year and got programs for all three of the playoff series' for 08 and a Phanatic bobblehead. I saw some kid get a Howard SS. they are $20 each but I would say it's worth it to buy a few.

KenJ

Lifetime Member
Credits
I'll be there for the second time and bringing both sons and maybe my older daughter for help. Still need 6 current Phillies including Howard, Rollins and Victorino on my WS bat. And need WS balls for 6 as well including Howard, Rollins and Utley. Hopefully I can make a dent in some of this come 5/24..........

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
i got a victorino ss last yr and my friend who has two kids bought one bag for each and got utley and ibanez. the bags were def. better last yr

DHornung

Premier Member
Credits
Can anyone give some more specific details about the event? Are the guys easy to get autographs from? How much do it cost for autographs? Like KenJ, I am also trying to put a dent in my WS flag project. I have a few 8x10's of some guys and I am also thinking about buying a dozen romlb. How successful have people been at this event? Can you rack up pretty good here?

KenJ

Lifetime Member
Credits
Can anyone give some more specific details about the event? Are the guys easy to get autographs from? How much do it cost for autographs? Like KenJ, I am also trying to put a dent in my WS flag project. I have a few 8x10's of some guys and I am also thinking about buying a dozen romlb. How successful have people been at this event? Can you rack up pretty good here?

You buy tickets to get in. Last years was $25. For the $25 you get two autograph tickets. One is predetermined the other you trade in when you get there. I think last year there were 12 lines (?). It is a crap shoot since you get in line but have no idea what line you ar ein until about an hour before and then people start jockeying around. Bottom line - for $25 you get 2-4 autographs for free. Once inside the players are at tables all around the 1st level concourse. Once lines die down some players will start taking cash. Last year I took my 10 year old so we had two tickets to get in, 4 autograph tickets. The predetermined tickets were for Lopes/another coach and Coste/Bruntlett. We used aour trade-in tickets for Utley/MacKinnon and Ruiz/Dubee. We also got (2) Hamels at $10 each after his line with people having tickets was done.

See the thread for the 2009 Phestival for detailed info

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
you cant rack up alot bc its only 2-3 hrs long and most of the time the lines last the whole time. u might get lucky on smaller guys but unless you have a bunch of ppl with u, its tough. you get lucky sometimes and the big guys lines get low and u can pay a few bucks to get them but if you dont hear the announcement right away and arent one of the chosen few to get in that line, your sol. im not saying you wont get things done but if you need alot of the big guys, your gonna have to choose who u want. they always have an away game the next day so they dont stick around longer if lines are long.