2013 National Sports Collectors Convention-Chicago July 31-Aug. 4th

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Well the show is almost 6 months away but we have our first name via MAB: Jermaine Dye. I'm sure that Sandberg, Starr, Bo, and the other Tristar regulars will be there too. Last year the National pulled off quite a coup as they were the first to have Mike Tyson. I'm curious to see if they can land a really big name as a headliner this time. It's been 5 years since Joe Namath was in Chicago so he's the guy I'm hoping for most.

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
Sandberg is a coach with the phillies now. Unless they r in Chicago at that time he won't be there.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Good call Kenosha. I forgot about that. I'm sure the Biggio-Smoltz-Larkin-Yount-Carew-Ripken types will be there. I actually have passed on a few guys so if they just load up on HOF'ers I'll be happy

steelerfan2112

Premier Member
Credits
With it being the 50th anniversary of the Pro Football Hall of Fame I would expect that the Hof'ers will be at The National on Thursday and Friday.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Good call with the HOF induction. I still need The Big Unit and Pedro so I may get one or both depending on the price. I imagine Randy will be 179/199 and Pedro has been all over the place from 109-169 for baseballs so who knows though probably toward the higher end. I think Sugar Ray is a really strong add though.

Captian23

Founding Member
Credits
Pretty weak, all of those guys have done a bunch of shows with the exception of Chipper. I would haveexpected a better FB lineup as well. I can't believe there is not 1 Cub?