2013 Phillie Phestival

sciflyer

Premier Member
Credits
It was the woman handing him items to be signed. I was not even finished asking and she spoke with a frustrated high-pitched tone "No, he can't, not today". It was the tone she used, but I guess she heard requests like that the entire time. Michael Young did inscriptions, Ryne Sandberg did inscriptions and was extremely sociable and polite, last year Roy Halladay did 3 incsriptions for me and was very polite. I suppose Rollins set the rule before the autos started.
I tried to upload photos, but it is asking for a URL and not allowing me to select from my computer. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

clip51

Premier Member
Credits
I did ok as well, as I was extremely pressed for time...

Rollins on 16x20 of his SI from 07
Sandberg on OMLB ball w HOF inscription
Michael Young on OMLB ball
Delmon Young on OMLB ball

I asked Rollins to inscribe 07 MVP and he paused for a second and then said "yup, that was the MVP year" and smiled... No inscription... Oh we'll, it looked nice anyways...

Sorry I couldn't message or meet any of you to trade, next year I will manage my week better...

Chris

MLBFan_HECKLER

Premier Member
Credits
does anyone know if any other MLB team does anything close to what the Phestival is like? i.e. - team autos, charity events, etc.

cartographer

Premier Member
Credits
Long delay before posting, but the answer to your question is yes, at least for most teams.

SFG: The Play Ball Luncheon takes place every year right before the start of the season. Significantly pricier than Phestival, but active roster is there . . . They do a free fan fest also but you tend to get random guys.
LAD: Dodger Fan Fest took place right before the season this year after being in the middle of the season last year. Free with most of the active roster, but everyone and his/her brother attends and lines are LONG. Season ticket holders get early access and the best graphs. It's supposed to be annual now.
SDP: FriarFest takes place every year a couple of weeks before the season starts. One of the best MLB fan fests and it's free. Season ticket holders have the edge again, but you can do quite well even without that. Most players sign twice, so their best players are still accessible without season tickets.
ARI: Diamondbacks Fan Fest is another annual event and excellent graphing opportunity. Not free but cost is nominal, $5 per table last year, usually with multiple players or a star per table. Season ticket holders do the best and they get to shortcut the lines, but most players are accessible if you put up the money.
COL: None that I know of . . .

STL: Winter Warm Up takes place every January and has most of the roster and many alumni, including the HOFers. Tends to be expensive, on the order of $100 for the top players. Tickets sell out early. They do a signing for spring training season ticket holders also.
CHC: Cubs Convention every year. Never been, but I understand almost everyone attends along with some alumni. Admission charges.
PIT: They stage a Pirate Fest, although I haven't seen anything on this for a little while. Not sure about attendance since I've never been. Free to nominal admission, I think.
MIL: Brewers On Deck in January. Most of the active roster and some alumni as well. Graphs are in the $30 range for stars, although the stars have restricted the things that they can sign. Less for the lesser lights.
CIN: Fan Fest every December with most of the roster and many alumni. Graphs are completely random, although you can get the stars with exclusive tickets for a fairly high price.

NYM: None that I know of.
WAS: Nats Fest takes place some years before the season, although I haven't seen anything for a couple of years. Never been.
FLA: Marlins Fan Fest/Winter Warm Up if you care, during spring training every year (?). Free, with most of the active roster. They do a signing for spring training season ticket holders also.
ATL: Braves Winter Fan fest yearly, which I've never been to. Mostly random active roster guys, I understand.

LAA: Fan Fest every other year, in the middle of the season last year. Fairly brutal for autographs last time out, only part of the active roster and not the good part, at least last year. Alumni are there too, which was a little better.
SEA: Mariner Fest in January/February every year that I know of. Free to nominal costs, at least while I was there. Season ticket holders get a special graph session or did when I went. Mostly active roster and a few alumni.
OAK: Fan Fest before spring training most years. Minimal admission costs. Tough graphing the year I was there since tables changed at random.
TEX: Rangers Fan Fest in January. Nominal admission costs over two days last time. Kinda random graphs, I understand, although you can pony up some money for a Fast Pass and get one of everyone if you're flush. Active roster and some prominent alumni including their former president.
HOU: Astros Fan Fest takes place annually. Never been.

KCR: Royals Fan Fest takes place annually. Didn't happen a year ago but usually every year. Never been but active roster and some alumni attend.
DET: Tiger Fest, possibly annual. Never been. Understand that it's random active players. Not sure about attendance.
CHW: Sox Fan Fest in January every year. Most of the roster and some alumni attend. Nominal costs for both days but you get an exclusive extra day if you're willing to pay for the host hotel for the weekend. Even better is the Picnic in the Park, which takes place during the season. Active roster only. Two graphs per player, cost is ~ $250 for the day, 1 hour signing time.
CLE: Fan Fest before spring training this year. Partial active roster. Never been, it's kinda new.
MIN: Twins Fest in January, an annual event. Fantastic for graphs if you can stand the cold. No special treatment for season ticket holders. Active roster, alumni and prospects all attend. Graphs are usually $30 for stars or HOFers, $20 or less for regulars/alumni. Mauer and Morneau graphs are by random drawing, everyone else is just a matter of waiting in line. Twins HOFers do show up every year.

NYY: None that I know of during the season.
BOS: Picnic in the Park in the middle of the season on an annual basis. Costly but the whole active roster shows, no alumni. 45 minutes signing time, one graph per player per table of three or four. You get to choose your tables, but be prepared to wait for the stars' tables.
TBR: Annual Fan Fest around spring training time. Season ticket holders get a big edge with early access. All the active roster shows and some alumni. Lots of waiting in line even if you are a season ticket holder since players trickled in after practice the year I was there. You can score the stars with a special VIP ticket, but it's extremely pricey, hundreds of dollars for your top stars.
BAL: Fan Fest took place in January in Baltimore this year. Reserved graphs, mostly active roster with a few alumni. Nominal fees for the autographs. Buy your tickets early. They do something for that spring training season ticket holder also, I understand.
TOR: None that I know of.

Hope this helps . . .