Arlington TX - Tristar Show July 7-9 2006

JECAPH

Banned
Credits
Same here, Arlington usually puts on a good show. I will have to get Boggs and Rice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"They don't have to love us, but they will FEAR us." William Tecumseh Sherman as he burned Atlanta and stormed to the sea during the Civil War. By the way, I am a very proud direct descendant of Sherman.

Chad

Founding Member
Website
www.sportsautosttm.com
Credits
What do you know, this year's Arlington show lands right on my 5th wedding anniversary. The wife has already agreed that I can go as long as I take her to a "really nice hotel" while we're out there that weekend. I took my brother's last year and we stayed at the Wyndham Arlington, which was nice and extremely close to the convention center and stadium, but she's talking about some Gaylord place in Dallas, anyone know of it?

Beverly23

Premier Member
Website
www.thediary.org
Credits
Shawn_E. said:
Here is a list of signers currently scheduled;

Mike Schmidt*
Pete Rose*
Wade Boggs*
Jerry Rice*
Warren Moon**
Antonio Gates**
Jason White*
Billy Sims*
Steve Owens*

=============================

I might go just to add Pete Rose to my collection.

They should add some current players closer to the date right? Didn't they have a bunch of the minor leaguers for free last year? Or am I thinking of a different event?

Chad

Founding Member
Website
www.sportsautosttm.com
Credits
Just tried to book a room at the Wyndham Arlington, they're already full. Seems that there is a ShowBiz National convention going on at the same time as the Tri-Star show and they blocked a ton of rooms for it. So, I tried to get one of the blocked rooms for that and all of them have been taken! The lady also said that the Twins have blocked quite a few rooms. I hate it too because the Wyndham is so close to the convention center and the Ballpark. We ended up getting on the waiting list there and went ahead and booked two nights at the Hilton 5 min. away.

Shawn, I think I'll go for the VIP package this year as well, depending on what's offered. We're going to plan on going to the ballgame Sat. night.

Shawn_E.

Founding Member & MiLB Photographer
Website
www.myspace.com
Credits
netexan said:
Just tried to book a room at the Wyndham Arlington, they're already full. Seems that there is a ShowBiz National convention going on at the same time as the Tri-Star show and they blocked a ton of rooms for it. So, I tried to get one of the blocked rooms for that and all of them have been taken! The lady also said that the Twins have blocked quite a few rooms. I hate it too because the Wyndham is so close to the convention center and the Ballpark. We ended up getting on the waiting list there and went ahead and booked two nights at the Hilton 5 min. away.

Shawn, I think I'll go for the VIP package this year as well, depending on what's offered. We're going to plan on going to the ballgame Sat. night.

Last year we stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on Nolan Ryan Expressway.