Big consignment road trip - gretzky, clemens & more

SI KING

Lifetime Member & Site Sponsor
Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
Happy New year to you all. I hope you and your families are off to a happy & safe 2010! I am taking my biggest road trip of the year again and doing a ton of consignment work. I expect a list of 30 to 40 names to be at this charity event I am attending out of the country.

I will accept your items... and will try to get them signed. Last year I got close to 300 signatures and worked alone. I will have 1-2 helpers this year so I hope to do even better.

Remember... I don't want any money up front, except for return postage.

Send me your items and I will try to get them signed. If I do... I will invoice you... If I don't, I will simply return them. Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Here is the preliminary list and fee I'd charge when I get them to sign:

Charles Barkley $65
Boris Becker $35
Roger Clemens $100 last Tri Star signing was $175)
Bill Clinton $250
Julius Erving $75 (last show he did was $125)
Wayne Gretzky $99
Ken Griffey Jr. $125 (last signed via UD at $199)
Mario Lemieux $75
John McEnroe $65 (very tough signature)
Paul O’Neil $40
Alex Rodriguez $200 (just did Steiner for over $300)
CC Sabathia $65
Barry Sanders $75 (signs for $125 at shows)
John Smoltz $40 (future HOFer)
Lawrence Taylor $45 (signing for $70 next show in Feb)

I can accept cards, 8x10, magazines, jersey numbers, and envelopes. I can not take large bulky items. (Can't take jerseys helmets 11x14 or larger). I just won't be able to handle it while running around a golf course all day.

I have plenty of details I can email you if you are interested. Please email me directly at sikingcollection@aol.com and I will be happy to answer any questions or concerns. ALL ITEMS NEED TO BE IN MY HANDS BY JANUARY 18th the latest.

Glad to help anyone who needs these tough signatures.

Scott

stlsport$

Premier Member
Credits
I do this same "road trip" as you call it every year. I missed out this year because I have some other stuff going on unfortunately but am very curious to see how it goes.

I dont expect you to post the event because I know this trip takes a lot of time and A LOT of money and know very few if any other members know about this let alone go to it but will you at least be posting some results?

I hope for your sake Honest Bill is cooler this year than he was last year. Man that guy was brutal!

sjncomic

Lifetime Member
Credits
wow... it is so amazing to be in the presence of such clandestine activities... the awe and true respect I have for dealers is even more cemented... you are the Illuminati of autographing!! I will now respectfully punch my brain so as to forget your secret code so that their words may never leave my lips. I will only spend my money on unimportant things like my family, health insurance, shampoo, deodorant, etc. I now leave the thread backing out of the door as I bow my head so as to not insult you with my unworthy eyes...

jimjim

Lifetime Member
Credits
I do this same "road trip" as you call it every year. I missed out this year because I have some other stuff going on unfortunately but am very curious to see how it goes.

I dont expect you to post the event because I know this trip takes a lot of time and A LOT of money and know very few if any other members know about this let alone go to it but will you at least be posting some results?

I hope for your sake Honest Bill is cooler this year than he was last year. Man that guy was brutal!

Nevermind.

stlsport$

Premier Member
Credits
wow... it is so amazing to be in the presence of such clandestine activities... the awe and true respect I have for dealers is even more cemented... you are the Illuminati of autographing!! I will now respectfully punch my brain so as to forget your secret code so that their words may never leave my lips. I will only spend my money on unimportant things like my family, health insurance, shampoo, deodorant, etc. I now leave the thread backing out of the door as I bow my head so as to not insult you with my unworthy eyes...
hey moron i was just simply stating a fact. it is a very expensive trip and this is not my post so i wasnt going to hijack it and post the event etc. if he wanted people to know than obviously he would have posted it. has nothing to do with a secret code and i dont even know the guy. i spend my money on the same things and any time you want to compare tax returns i would be happy to. autographs isnt my job but thanks for your concern.

Last edited:

Chad

Founding Member
Website
www.sportsautosttm.com
Credits

Scott makes no effort to hide where he's graphing. He's going to the Caribbean for a golf tournament. Not everyone on here is super top secretive of where they graph.

sjncomic

Lifetime Member
Credits
hey moron i was just simply stating a fact. it is a very expensive trip and this is not my post so i wasnt going to hijack it and post the event etc. if he wanted people to know than obviously he would have posted it. has nothing to do with a secret code and i dont even know the guy. i spend my money on the same things and any time you want to compare tax returns i would be happy to. autographs isnt my job but thanks for your concern.

First, what's with the name calling? Second, if I am a "moron", then at what level would one be who cannot use correct punctuation, capitalization, basic grammar rules (i.e. never end a sentence in a preposition), etc. Why would I want to compare tax returns? I could care less what your economic status is. Does that make you cool or better than anyone else? Let me explain to you how you could achieve the same result without resorting to such autographing arrogance:

"Good luck at this event! I have gone before and hope you can post your successes (which you never have done to help this community only posting what you can make money doing) once you get back. Hope President Clinton is signing more than before as previously he has been a tough graph there. Take care!"

This is a lot more concise and less boorish.

Respectfully,
"The Moron" (however, as an homage to the Stooges, I prefer "imbecile")