Brett Myers - 11/2 at Granite Run Mall?

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
I should be grateful I've gotten him twice in the past. The first time was on his way into the Vet on his cell phone. He signed a card with a big printed "BM" with the letters facing different directions. The second time he was actually really cool and I kick myself for not trying for more than one - it was at a charity bowling event so I guess he had to put on a happy face.

Who's taking bets on whether Dykstra shows?

jkbobcat

Premier Member
Credits
The last time I saw him with the Astros he wouldn't even acknowledge the fans' existence, let alone sign

yup. pretty much the same this year in Cleveland. I don't think I even saw him look up once to acknowledge that we were even there. he wasn't even pitching so it wasn't like he had anywhere to be.

sanfran22

Founding Member
Credits
He blew Zech and I off in akron on the field. We managed to break him down in the end though.... Only the 3rd time I have ever gotten him.

rickphils1

Lifetime Member
Credits
I was able to get Myers over the dugout when Cleveland was in this year. He was on the DL. I tweeted to him asking if he was coming. His response:
‏@rickphils "@TheOutlaw39: "Gotta come back to the stomping grounds don't I". I tweeted a photo of the display 2008 World series poster I had with the WS logo and him (about 3 ft x 4 ft) and told him I hoped he would sign when they came in. He didn't respond to my tweet. When they came in, I called to him and had the poster over the dugout. He spent most of BP standing behind the batting cage. He ignored me but then as he was going into the dugout said he would be right back. The security guard on the dugout said that I'd never see him again but about 2 min later a batboy came out of the dugout, pointed to me and took the poster. Brett signed it (large perfect graph) and the batboy handed it back to me. It was the only thing I saw him sign pre-game. As far as I know (and I was there both nights when the gates opened). He didn't say a word to anyone else over the dugout. If you have a 2008 multi-signed piece it's probably worth $70 because you'll probably never get it done otherwise.

https://twitter.com/rickphils/status/334129589817327616/photo/1

KenJ

Lifetime Member
Credits
After Myers the only person left to get on my WS bat would be 3rd base coach Steve Smith. Obviously not a big deal if he's not on there but woule be more complete with him. Any idea where he's living these days? Is he still in baseball anywhere?

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Just a thought Ken but maybe you could ask the Poppels to see if they have any plans to get Steve Smith or something like that. They are usually pretty receptive to questions and requests.

sanfran22

Founding Member
Credits
After Myers the only person left to get on my WS bat would be 3rd base coach Steve Smith. Obviously not a big deal if he's not on there but woule be more complete with him. Any idea where he's living these days? Is he still in baseball anywhere?

Is this the indians coach?