Chicago Sun-Times Show 11/21-11/23

newagesports

Premier Member
Credits
Matt Forte $39-$49 wow... a rookie with a couple of games experience (the next Rashan Salaam, Anthony Thomas, Cedric Benson or other Bears RB not to be heard from the following year.)

Ryan Theriot $49-$69.... What a Scrub (Comparing prices you could get HOFers Eckersley, Molitor or Robinson for $59 on a ball.)

Lou Piniella $84 for ball with inscription (for that price he better inscribe "1908!" for me)
i guess you don't know or realize sweet lou never inscribes jack in person your lucky just to get him he doesn't like signing

Pabs82

Premier Member
Credits
From what I heard Forte's rate is $25, so the markup on him isn't bad. Yeah, he could be the next Salaam or he could be good. I'd rather pay money for him than Ryan Grant and his signings in the midwest. Schwartz locked up Theriot so they charge whatever they want. I don't think he's worth half of the money but hey girls think he's cute, and people like the fact that his last names spells The Riot, so people go nuts for it.

Piniella doesn't sign a lot and I'm sure the price is a little higher since it's Chicago but as newage said, he doesn't sign often.

I still think Rice is the best deal on this show and if I could find a reasonably priced jersey that isn't cheaply made in Korea, Taiwan, China, etc.., I'd probably jump on that.

Just my $0.02

kidk

Premier Member
Credits
Theriot doesnt sign **** anymore, and when he does, he will just scribble on your item. No SS, doesnt like to do photos. He was the only guy I remember not signing at locker cleanout.

newagesports

Premier Member
Credits
Theriot doesnt sign **** anymore, and when he does, he will just scribble on your item. No SS, doesnt like to do photos. He was the only guy I remember not signing at locker cleanout.
he signed during locker cleanout...he even looked up and asked if anyone had anything else

Pabs82

Premier Member
Credits
Longoria.......... $99 any item. Maybe worth it for a jersey but again, I'd rather have a McCovey or Rice for this price. Wonder what the prices would have been if they won the WS.. most likely 89 flat, 109 premium, but now they just average it.

newagesports

Premier Member
Credits
111/22/08

dwight doc gooden-ss baseball in blue pen
DSCF2330.jpg

artis gilmore-nba basketball in sliver paint pen
DSCF2334.jpg

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
VIP Recap, 11/22/08

The Gilmore line was insane today. I was able to get everything I needed for fellow collectors. I have never seen a VIP line that long for just about the two full hours. I got an Andrews on an 8x10, as well as a custom 86 Topps created by Stevesbaseballautos. Tom was even impressed with it. The Bull signed a few cards for me as well. I got Longoria for my VIP ticket, so I am getting him on an 8x10 tomorrow.