Chris Potter Sports private signings

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
I've never heard of him, but saw an ad recently where he is getting some VERY tough signers to do private signings in early May. Guys who are pretty much impossible to get such as:

Bill Sudakis
Reggie Walton
Ed Jurak
Terry Whitfield
Bob Watkins
Choo Choo Coleman

Some older guys that many of you have probably never heard of, but any of you 70s-80s Topps set collectors know exactly who these toughies are. Anyway, if interested in info (addy, prices, etc..) just PM me.

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
No clue. Like I said, I've never dealt with the guy. He had a full page ad in SCD, which for some reason I still get every once in a while. Just figured someone might need some of these guys.

jbsouth

Founding Member
Credits
Chris has provided excellent service with a number of tough autographs. He takes trips to various parts of the country to personally get these tough guys.

His next trip is (i'm assuming) to Southern CA as all the guys on his list live in that area.

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
shouldnt he post that they are wholesale pricing from somebody elses show, rather than his private signing when he advertises in this forum? i thought that was the rules of the private signings maybe i am wrong?

i have seen that he is a member on this board but i have never seen him contribute anything other than his own private signings. per the rules tagged ssticky in this thread if a member only posts private signings and no other contributions then he will have to become a paid sponsor, but i guess that is ok for the sites owners for him to do what he is doing.

as for a full page in scd, coaches corners takes out pages upon pages of ads in the scd and we all know how what type of opperation they are. SCD then allows coaches corner cheif authenticator to be a contributor to their magazine, so any ad in SCD causes me to think twice on that company.

everyone can draw their own opinions on this guy, glad alot of members had good experiences, just adding my 2 cents on why im not ready to jump on board with this guy

Chad

Founding Member
Website
www.sportsautosttm.com
Credits
pittgrad, most people know Chris from his work on SCN, not here. He just recently started posting his signings here when I requested he do so via PM. I would pick him, Tom Orr, and Larry Kassis over anyone else offering private signings because A) they are collectors themselves, B) their customer serivce skills are top notch, and C) you won't find better prices on the guys they can get.