Dodger Caravan

msd1172

Lifetime Member
Credits
Per the website it's only stating that the Tuesday stop at LA Live will be an autograph event. The next day at Canter's Deli will only be a chance to have lunch served to you by the Dodgers that are in attendance, nothing about autographs.

My guess is that it'll be 50/50 that they sign on Wednesday but since these things are free and highly anticipated by the Dodger faithful they will be the usual mad house which makes it a huge gamble. I need Russell Martin on an item but I don't think it's worth the risk to show up at the crack of dawn to wait all day to have him serve me a corn beef sandwich and not sign my baseball.

Outside of Fernando and Tommy Lasorda the rest of these guys are always around town during the season which isn't going to make me want to stand around in line for six or seven hours.

baadn10tionzz

Charter Member
Credits
These signings are the worst. Get there 3 or 4 hours early and is a strict 1 per too. I'm sitting this year out.

bluefan25

Lifetime Member
Credits
Luckily, I was able to get out early from work and head down to the caravan at LA Live. Got there at 3:30 for the 5pm start and there was a few people already. The had two lines set up, luckily they listed the names for each line.

Table A had Andre Ethier, Blake Dewitt, Steve Garvey and Rudy Law
Table B had Hiroki Kuroda, Brad Ausmus, Fernando Valenzuela and Tommy Davis.

I ended up getting in the Ethier line as I needed stuff for 3 of the 4 guys there. There was about 75 people ahead of me. The stated that they would limit each line to 150 people. At 4pm, they started going down the line and passing out wristbands so unless you were there with someone, you wouldn't be able to get into both lines.

By 5pm, they started and went through the line pretty quickly as they were very strict with the 1 item per player limit.

My totals:

Andre Ethier 1 card
Blake Dewitt 1 card
Rudy Law 1 card
Steve Garvey 1 8x10

Overall, I'm happy with my results as I didn't really have any of these players.

bluefan25

Lifetime Member
Credits
Thanks.. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or what but I was tired after the whole thing (could also have been that I had been up since 3:30 am :) ).. all together I stood in line for about 2.5 hrs which isn't much compared to what I've read in other threads.. hats off to you guys that brave longer wait times and brave the elements, I can't imagine how you guys do it .... I was in 75 degree weather so I have nothing to complain about.