ICHIRO SIGNING - GUAGE OF INTEREST - Mid June 2011

buddy831

Premier Member
Credits
I was part of just completed signing SIKing did with Ichiro. My items came back just as SIKing said in his original post - PERFECT! They really look great and I couldn't be happier to have these autos in my collection.

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
Just to throw some support Scott's way (not that he needs it), but this is a great opportunity for one of the toughest graphs, and biggest players in the game, especially to get some premium items. I am extremely low on finances right now, but if I had the money, I'd be in on this in a heartbeat.

bradleysupplies

Premier Member
Website
www.bradleysupplies.com
Credits
Yes thats correct. The one on SCN was ran through mill creek sports, who he has an exclusive with. They were selling their old stock off and gave Joel a deal if he purchased 25 or more. This is a good deal being its not just baseballs. Plus you know your items are in good hands with "the king".

I ran it for $235 including the ball and insured shipping. I have considered doing what Scott is doing, but people indicated the price of $250 (for ball or small flat) was too much, and jerseys, larger photos, and bats are even more - and inscriptions, $100 more. That, and a recent addition to my family 2 weeks ago has taken up my time from doing additional signings for a few weeks.

In response to JimJim's comment, there are minimums involved (number of pieces) and a huge amount of risk. SI King is running this as a business (as I have been) - think about it - if we accept a multi-signed item, a rare rookie card, a one of a kind ticket, even a plain OMLB for $15...what happens if even one of those items is lost, damaged, smeared, signed incorrectly, or any number of things that can go wrong at a signing? We are then (and should be) on the hook to make the situation right. That's not as big of a deal if the signatures are $10, $20, or even $30...but when dealing with a signature that's $200+ and items that may be worth even more, only one or 2 mistakes can eat up any profit margin and the risk is there to take a loss.

I my first dealing with Mill Creek, this is why I was taking baby steps in working with them and only purchased pre-signed inventory. And in fact, I did return a few of them as they were not satisfactory. I'm glad it wasn't any of your personal items!

Joel

Last edited: