Loudoun Hounds fan fest

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Bump to find out who's going to this? I wouldn't mind meeting up with anyone going to this....pm me or post here if you are planning on going. I can't resist going to this with the group of names that are attending to sign.

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
I predict that it will be a giant CF. There are going to be so many people there....you have to keep in mind how many damn people live in that area. The lines are going to be a joke.

Just my opinion. I hope I am wrong.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
thanks for the warning elscorcho.....I've been to the initial Lancaster and York fan fests with ex mlb signings as well....these things are always Cf....not a problem I'll do what I can.

And main....Im not sure it makes sense about the "great relationship with MLB has with independant ball" thats not really a truth one can prove haha. Whatever this means for the Nats and the Hounds . Im sure Minniti will make it look like there's some "connection" but in truth nothing he can say will actually be a given. Most affiliated teams will have nothing to do with indy teams...even going so far as to "block" them from coming within a close radius. We'll see what he says.

Last edited:

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
It makes a lot more sense that he's there to talk about that than it would if he were just a signer. It's just the Nats' way of promoting themselves and looking like a good neighbor. MLB teams can't really block Indy teams from locating near them. I'd they could, the Hounds wouldn't exist, the Frontier League wouldn't be across the river in Cincy, and the River Sharks wouldn't be in Camden.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
thats right...and both Lancaster and York wouldn't exist either. Both of them are close enough to Harrisburg and Reading that they would have not been allowed..in fact both of those teams mentioned the territorial rights before Lancaster and York were built. I don't really think Minniti being there is anything more than self promoting.

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
I'm assuming Pete Sierra is the same guy as "Pedro" Sierra? I found an image of Pedro Sierra online and just want to make sure it's definitely the same guy.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Have no idea...I am going off what was on the website when I first looked at it.

potzie

Premier Member
Credits
Can anyone 50/50 Chris Hoiles, I could use two? I will be unable to attend this event.
Thanks in advance.
Potz

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
Just saw the official map and schedule on the website. Absolutely no mention of autographs/tables/sessions/etc....although you can listen the them "tell stories" and "pose for photographs with fans".

Does this concern anybody else? Many people on this board will be driving long distances for this event....I will be calling the team this morning.

DCallday

Premier Member
Credits
Man that does make me a little nervous but I've met frank Howard and boog Powell before and they are ALWAYS more than happy to sign! I just hope John an Richardson are like that!