Loudoun Hounds fan fest

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
Just saw the official map and schedule on the website. Absolutely no mention of autographs/tables/sessions/etc....although you can listen the them "tell stories" and "pose for photographs with fans".

Does this concern anybody else? Many people on this board will be driving long distances for this event....I will be calling the team this morning.

As for 'calling the team'... good luck getting anyone to pick up a phone. i was told players will rotate 'greeting fans' as you walk in (Library) and they 'register'you (get all your marketing info, so they can sell your season tickets, etc) but NO SIGNING there. There will be an autograph and photo graph area in the second gym which will contain one table with 2-3 players signing taht will rotate and change every hour for the 4 hours they are signing (Autos don't start until 1pm, go until until 5pm). So you will NOT be able to get everyone, as I figure the line will take OVER an hour to get through, and it's also a 'random' chance at who will be signing when you get through the line. Remember this event was not put on for the 'collectors' (they will buy tickets & they already knew there was gonna be a team here in 2012), It's to 'introduce the team to the new market and get people to sign up THAT DAY for season seats for a team not playing for 14 months...

I've been to the one's they've done in York and Waldorf, and my buddy did the one in Lancaster. Every time they do these more and more 'collectors' are there and they get more and more crowded. Factor in this one has the 'largest (best?) line-up of players this one will be nuts. (past ones had Brooks, but nothing much else)

I am only going since I have to be in DC that night for 2-13-61!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (anyone else going????)

Last edited:

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
Can anyone 50/50 Chris Hoiles, I could use two? I will be unable to attend this event.
Thanks in advance.
Potz

Kirk... you still haven't learned.... Just pick up the phone. I will NOT 50/50 him, I'll just get him for you since I've been done with that guy for years....

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
This is why I don't go with the expectations of getting everyone....I bring stuff for everyone and whomever is signing is who I will get. Mainly going for a baseball day out....long distance? Yeah its about 2 and 1/2 hours away but I like to support the team coming to this league and pick up a few autographs. what jbsouthfan says is true..this is mainly to get people to sign up for season tickets and market the team....thats exactly what I did at the Lancaster one...and get a few autographs. At the York one I mainly talked to the Lancaster front office people who were there and also got a few autographs. Again..supporting the new team in the league. Lines at the York one were larger than the Lancaster one yes....and these will be longer yet I imagine. With the names they are bringing in I would imagine nothing less. Each initial fan fest for a new team trys to out do the previous ones.

and what is 2-13-61?

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
Just because there's no "official" signing does not mean you can't get guys. If I see guys walking around, entering the event, leaving the event, I feel confident I can get them. This being the first fanfest as well, I doubt security (if it's even an issue) will know what hit them with trying to keep their thumb on colelctors going for graphs. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I think if you work at it a little you can come away happy.

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
Just because there's no "official" signing does not mean you can't get guys. If I see guys walking around, entering the event, leaving the event, I feel confident I can get them. .

sure... no issue getting Mike Colangelo walking around, lol... The only one may be an issue is Howard. he is SUPER COOL, but his back is so bad that last time I saw him walking out of Camden yards he said, 'come over to my car' and he had to sit in the passanger seat and put items on the dash board to sign them. he like to be seated when signing, so I do expect Frank to be the only one who might have an issue signing walking in/out if there is a crowd. if you catch him without many/any collectors around you may have luck....

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
Just because there's no "official" signing does not mean you can't get guys. If I see guys walking around, entering the event, leaving the event, I feel confident I can get them. This being the first fanfest as well, I doubt security (if it's even an issue) will know what hit them with trying to keep their thumb on colelctors going for graphs. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I think if you work at it a little you can come away happy.

I hear what you are saying. Except for the fact that the dude from the team told me on the phone..."we are trying to keep the ebay guys away". And you know as well as I do...if you are over age 13 and have anything other than a Loudoun Hounds ball to get signed....you are labeled an ebay guy. I was just bringing this up so guys like you who drive a long way were forewarned. I hope I am wrong - and I know you guys know your way around a fan fest. But....5000 people...hundreds of collectors/ebay'ers in the DC metro area salivating at this lineup....I would be pissed to drive all that way and walk away with not very much. I wish everyone luck....please post your experience on Monday.

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
After looking at what I actually have for this (one Powell, one howard) I'm not gonna bother. Gave the cards to my peeps, and they will get done. Good luck boarders...

Amy... I'll be at Henry Rollins 50th Birthday Party Sunday... (2-13-61 + 50 years is 2-13-11, and since he is from DC, he's having his 50th birthday in DC and taping for broadcast on NatGeo and DVD release later in the year)