MANNY MACHADO Private Signing

2008WFCs

Premier Member
Credits
I've personally held as many signings as anyone in the Baltimore area over the last two years ( Alan Moore can vouch for this ) and no one has seen me post random "interest" threads ever.....I personally spoke with Manny on Friday and he tells me that he's interested so I gave him my card and he claims he will have his agent contact me. I plan to go down again mid-week if I haven't heard from his agent, in an effort to push this along. This isn't some side business for me.....I do this for a living so know that I'm doing everything within my power to make it happen.

I can second this as well. I've attended several LGC signings over the past two years and Phil does a great job.

Phil Walls

Approved Sponsor
Credits
So I spoke with his representatives again today and I'm submitting an official offer as we speak. They are in Altoona with him and will be meeting with him after the game this evening so hopefully the timing is good to get something done rather quickly. As soon as I hear something, I'll update this thread immediately. Thanks for your patience

Phil Walls

Approved Sponsor
Credits
We're currently in negotiations and have both exchanged figures......there seems to be a good bit of "if the price is right" feeling amongst the group so in your honest opinion, what do you guys feel is a reasonable price? I see where Tailion was recently advertised at $22 and $35 plus $10 for inscriptions. I feel Manny is definitely in that ballpark, if not slightly higher because he doesn't sign nearly as much and he's a hitter but how would you guys feel about a similar pricing structure and where do you honestly feel his price should be in todays market? Your feedback is greatly appreciated

gris29

Premier Member
Credits
As a person who bought a Taillon ball, I would pay the same for Machado. The problem comes in with Manny's autograph. I got Jameson Taillon on the ball. It is a better one than he gives out IP. If I pay $25 for Manny and get the crap he gives out in person (M3 or M scribble) I would be pissed. I am under the opinion that if a guy has different autographs you should never get the crap one if you pay for it.

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
i think there should be a price break after X amount of items. We know that you need X amount of items to wake it worthwhile for both parties and this is one way to get that....

Phil Walls

Approved Sponsor
Credits
Their initial offer was WAY out of range so I'm putting together a counter.....I should know within the next week whether or not it's happening......just wanted to keep everyone posted

Phil Walls

Approved Sponsor
Credits
I've never seen him give anyone a FULL signature......I can assure you, if we pay him what's been offered, it'll be the best signature he has