Meet the red sox stars of tomorrow 1/9/09

FJMBoston

Founding Member
Credits
MEET THE RED SOX
STARS OF TOMORROW

From Red Sox.com....
You are invited to an autograph signing with the Rookie Program participants including prospects Lars Anderson and Daniel Bard. The players will be at the Official Red Sox Team Store, located across from Fenway Park on Yawkey Way, on Friday, January 9 from 4:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. Fans making a $20.00 donation to the Red Sox Foundation will be able to take part in the signing on a first come, first served basis.

I'm assuming that the other participants in the Red Sox Rookie Development Program will also be there including: OF Zach Daeges, RHP Dewon Day, SS Argenis Díaz, LHP Felix Doubront, LHP Kris Johnson, RHP Richie Lentz, RHP Wes Littleton, RHP Adam Mills, OF Josh Reddick, LHP Dustin Richardson (who also participated in last year's program), and C Mark Wagner.

fjl02169

Lifetime Member
Credits
There seemed to be a light turnout for this years signing.

I got there around 4:00 for the 4:30 start time and there were only 71 tickets sold ahead of me. They were organized and brought people through 50 at a time. They stamped your hand this year to make sure you wouldn't go through again.

They had 13 of their AA players signing and they all looked happy to be signing. Lars Anderson was the big attraction and I got a signed bat and a signed ball. Sorry no pics taken.

Cardboard Promotions

Premier Member
Credits
It's too bad the Red Sox don't have this on a weekend. I think they'd raise a lot more money. Given that there's not much going on at Fenway Park on the weekend in January, I would think there there would be plenty of room. Most of us are working at 4:30 on a weekday.