Phillies Winter Caravan

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
muwolverine....I am sure you won't be able to get more than one from Hamels...these things are very strict one per and there will be plenty of people standing there making sure of that! last year at harrisburg for Ryan Howard, Ryan Franklin, Tom Gordon and Aaron Rowand it seemed like each player had 2 people with them...I know Howard had a couple "people" with him. Making very sure you only got one...they move you thru pretty fast too! It will be the same for Hamels as he only likes to sign one anyhow!
diehardphillyfan...compared to last years lineup...gosportscard is right..you see who I mentioned was at Harrisburg last year.

GoSportsCard

Website
www.GoSportsCards.com
Credits
I'm back from the signing...

Well I'm back with results from the King of Prussia signing. We ended up with 3 Coste, 3 Victorino and 5 Larry Anderson. The only other person I saw there was Scott Palmer. He used to be a sports announcer but now works in the phillies organization. We only went through 1 time because when we were done we walked back through the mall to get to the end of the line and it was pretty long. I'm sure we could have gone back through for a second time but I really only had 1 card left to get signed and wasnt up for the long wait for one card especially since we already had those guys from seeing them in Scranton AAA. Plus the girls wanted to go shopping. I cant say I hated that myself because everything was 50-60% off this weekend. I even picked up a new jacket.

I only took a picture of the autograph area and 1 of the lines down the side. If I would have taken all of the pictures of the line it would have been 3 pictures of the line along the wall.
http://gosportscards.com/ebaypics/phillies line2.jpg
http://gosportscards.com/ebaypics/phillies line3.jpg

Anderson, Victorino, Coste:
http://gosportscards.com/ebaypics/phillies line1.jpg

We got there about 10 and the time flew to 12. One thing some of you might want to do if you ever attend on of these events is to bring along an ipod or mp3 player. It makes the time so much faster. Another thing would be a fold up chair. They let you in with them so why not bring it.

The Phillie Phanatic and the Phillies Band were also there. Band sounded good as usual and the Phanatic ran around making people laugh as usual. One thing I would advise the Phanatic or the Phillies to do is.....Wash the Costume! It stunk very bad! My nieces didnt even want to get near him for a picture because of the smell....hahaha. And after he ran by us you could hear everyone saying Ah....he stinks. Oh well...we all still love him.

Phanatic and Band:
http://gosportscards.com/ebaypics/phillies line4.jpg

Although we did have a great time I did have a complaint. I don't understand why they didnt advertise Larry Anderson coming. I had plenty of cards for him at home. They do have a website so I dont understand why they couldnt just add his name to the list even at last minute. On top of that, they didnt have anything for him to sign. 2 years ago they had the team card photos of each of the guys. I mean how much does it really cost the team to make up some phony photos printed on some cheap paper with a phillies logo somewhere on it. Instead they had a team poster like last year. The only thing about that is....there is no Larry Anderson or any other announcers picture on there. So he would just sign the boarder of the poster. How lame is that?

I did have some mini helmets and got 2 of them signed by him but I wasnt going to waste any more of those on Larry Anderson. I'm sure there were some people thinking who is that and what am I going to get him to sign. There were so many people that just showed up with nothing to get signed. I just wish they had some photos.

How did everyone else do?

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Joe...I didn't get there. I know what you mean about them always having that 40 man roster poster thing and nothing else to get signed! That's been a complaint of mine for a few years now. Kinda stinks when you find out someone is there and you have nothing to sign. ...I am going to bring some extras to the lancaster one...just in case. Probably make up a few logo sheets or something. You would think that they would have some photo cards from last year or something for broadcasters to sign!

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
GoSportsCard said:
Although we did have a great time I did have a complaint. I don't understand why they didnt advertise Larry Anderson coming. I had plenty of cards for him at home. They do have a website so I dont understand why they couldnt just add his name to the list even at last minute. On top of that, they didnt have anything for him to sign. 2 years ago they had the team card photos of each of the guys. I mean how much does it really cost the team to make up some phony photos printed on some cheap paper with a phillies logo somewhere on it. Instead they had a team poster like last year. The only thing about that is....there is no Larry Anderson or any other announcers picture on there. So he would just sign the boarder of the poster. How lame is that?

I did have some mini helmets and got 2 of them signed by him but I wasnt going to waste any more of those on Larry Anderson. I'm sure there were some people thinking who is that and what am I going to get him to sign. There were so many people that just showed up with nothing to get signed. I just wish they had some photos.
I said to L.A. "I would have brought your card, I didn't know you were going to be here." He said, "Neither did I." Then after I just had him sign a pocket schedule he pulled a 3x5 card with his pic out from under the table, signed it and tossed it to me. Don't know why he didn't have them out.

I got there about 11:30. By the time I got up front (a little over an hour) they were limiting to one per. So that's all I got.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Agree with that...I still couldn't believe the lineup on this event and there was almost NO LINE> I went thru it twice and would have done so again but I had nothing left to get signed! It was obvious that everyone went to Lehigh for Hamels and Madsen.! Still a fun day!