Private Signing Rules & Regulations

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
Alan

I particpate in many public an dprivate signings with athletes and I can tell you that a lot of them are not contracted. What happens in that case

For the stuff I have done, there is either a direct connection through their agent (Gordon, R Williams) or a papertrail like with (Anderson, F Williams). Only thing I didnt have in writing was the Longoria but I knew the charity he was doing the clinic for was not going to muck everything up. All in all, everything has pretty much came off flawless thus far. That is the whole thing with the rules here. I have seen people raise prices because nothing was in writing. I hate autograph surprises.

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
Is the only need here then for all of Alan's 47 sets?
Funny how I got messages stating this site is not going to serve his own purposes but I see it in a lot of posts where the focus seems to be that way. oh well.

I have not hid my agenda. I am going to grow my collection as I grow this community. The bigger this site becomes, the more access all of us have to growing our collections and knocking out cards from MY 53 sets.

I have never stated otherwise, NOT ONCE!

This site will continue to add features that will be helpful to each and everyone of them. When I think of ideas, the 1st thing I ask myself is "would I want to use this feature"?

Everyone else seems to be adding to their collection so why should I be excempt from that? ANSWER: I wont be.

I have given back more than 10 fold to what I have taken from this site. Can you say the same?

Captian23

Founding Member
Credits
Is the only need here then for all of Alan's 47 sets?
Funny how I got messages stating this site is not going to serve his own purposes but I see it in a lot of posts where the focus seems to be that way.
oh well.
This is so old, give it up

114880154871bpH8.jpg

Last edited:

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
Yeah, it was old 2 months ago. I have seen the snide remarks a few times now. BC, I can give you your $5 back if you want to get the Hell off my site now.

If I see you running your mouth again about it, you will be removed without a refund.

Do you want the $5 back now or are you going to go crawl under your rock and not bring it up again? The choice is yours. There is no middle ground. Make your decision today.

game-issued

Premier Member
Website
www.game-issuedauthentics.com
Credits
My 2 cents

Alan

The questions that I have are as follows:

(1) You must be at least 18 years of age.

Your first rule is great we can have the real people handle the signings. This is not against anybody or their age.

(2) You must contact me in advance, and gain approval in advance, before any mention of the signing can be announced to the members.

This rule is okay but how fast are your responce times so I can make sure that I have enough time to list the post and have time for people to check the post out.

(3) There must be some written contract in place with the athlete outlining the signing with dates, item price, turnaround time, etc.

This rule I have a lot of problems with. I am sure that you can understand I have been doing private signings for several years and have done several public signings before and to advertise them or post them I have never had to show a contract to anybody. In this business contracts are always around verbal or written. Most players would like to keep their word and make money without having to spread the wealth with everybody else getting into the mix. In business I do not think that they are obligated to show contract's because I do the legwork and I should have to get permission to have a post I believe that this rule is a little carried away. That would give you access to my contacts and the prices that I have worked on so in the later run you can contact them and make a better deal I think that is getting out of hand. I have worked hard on my contacts and they are my contacts I do not understand what is the reasoning of you getting all that info. Most athlete's keep their word and their maybe kinks in the dates because of a conflict in dates so that is sometimes flexable. But I think that this rule number 3 is in place if you were my partner and you needed to know this information but I believe that this is a little overboard sorry about that.

(4) The items must be protected against damage, theft, etc. All packages must be insured for the full price of the item being signing and the fee charged to get said item signed.

That is up to the people that are sending in their items. I always get delivery confirmations on items I send back to the people who wanted their items sent, but insurance that has to fall on them because if I were to do it for each piece then the prices have to get justified me spending extra money for their items then I loss money. That responsibility should fall on the people sending in their items.

(5) If you advertise this signing anywhere else, you must not discount the signing fees below what you advertised on here unless it is some sort of quantity discount.

I always offer the same no matter where i list or advertise and quanitity discounts I always offer also.

These rules are pretty much easy to follow but I have issues on a few of the rules.

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
Game-used, for #4, it is referring to putting insurance on a bulk package. Some of the signings were done TTM, and when the bulk package went out with everyone's stuff in it, that needs to be insured. Insurance per individual item is left up to the person sending in.

At least that's how I understood it, but who knows anymore...