signings in philly area for phils/flyers/eagles/sixers

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
Interesting that a charity would want to limit the amount of money they will acept...

www.poppel.com

Premier Member
Credits
Lindros wants to meet as many fans as possible. I prefer 3 tickets per person personally but not my call. He'd rather do 1 ticket per to give more people a shot at meeting him. I respect that because the man is donating his time. Not just day of event but also to promote it, luncheon, I'm sure visiting chop and lots more. He could have cashed in on a big
Payday. We had to do no mail due to overwhelming demand and with so many hands ( us/chop and 97.5 we didn't want to risk peoples items. Plus lindros really wants to meet the people. The price is amazing and the names big. This should make it a great great event. Poppel.com don't forget barber dec 17 for $15 and Matt read Jan 6 for $15. More events coming.

www.poppel.com

Premier Member
Credits
Lindros/leclair sold out by 3:18. At 1 ticket per person pair for $25. The line started at 9 am. The price, demand, advertising and cause made this huge. Yes more could have been sold. U have to understand between press, a luncheon for chop, this event and visiting at the hospital lindros and leclair donated more time than was humanly possible. It was the busiest signing I have ever seen. Busier than a free signing with a huge name. It was easily the most attended signing in the last 25-30 years and on a Friday night made it more impressive. Poppel.com for more infi

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
Do you ever think you'll set up a regular signing with Lindros. I couldn't get anyone to go for me, and I really need a signed Flyers logo puck.

FlaccoFanatic5

Premier Member
Credits
The place was a zoo. Got there at 4 (when the tickets were supposed to go on sale) and they were already "sold out." If they were going to sell them before 4, I would have just had someone pick one up for me in the morning. A little dissapointed, but oh well, I'm sure CHOP came out with a pretty hefty donation, and that's all that really matters.

rickphils1

Lifetime Member
Credits
There had to be a better way of doing things that didn't require people to take a day off from work, standing in line for hours, etc. 97.5 was advertising it several times an hour and Missanelli even encouraged people to go to the mall on air Friday at 4:30 and then was told that it was already sold out. I get that they wanted to do it to raise money for CHOP and meet lots of people. The simple solution would have been to charge $50 (still would have sold out easily) and made tickets available in advance. I wasn't able to get out there until 6 PM but had help with a friend and his wife who live near the mall and are retired. I have a game used Lindros cooper helmet and a practice used Lindros jersey that I wanted to get signed but had nothing at home for Leclair. Because of the uncertainty of whether I was going to be able to get tickets I didn't buy anything for Leclair and when I got there, no one had anything other than a photo from the radio station to get signed. Would have been nice if quality photos, etc were available for purchase. Worst that could happen if you had leftovers is you could have had them sign them, sell them to the people who didn't get tickets and give the profits to CHOP. It all worked out for for me and I am grateful that the signing happened but the experience could have been a lot less stressful with advance sales.

Last edited:

jake533

Premier Member
Credits
The place was a zoo. Got there at 4 (when the tickets were supposed to go on sale) and they were already "sold out." If they were going to sell them before 4, I would have just had someone pick one up for me in the morning. A little dissapointed, but oh well, I'm sure CHOP came out with a pretty hefty donation, and that's all that really matters.
Tickets did go on sale at 4pm. They had to stop people from getting in line because they were already 500+ people in line at that time. It took them probably 1 1/2 hours to go thru the line selling tickets. So what else were they supposed to do. They went down the line collecting money for the tickets & once they were sold out of the 500, that was it. If there was a table set up to walk up to & get tickets it still would have been 500+ long at 4pm. My opinion was that they did a great job on how they sold tickets so you wouldn't loose place in line.

Last edited: