Stephen Strasburg 5k--1/15/2010

jtope232

Founding Member
Credits
Hey everyone,

I came across this while reading an article about Strasburg. I don't live in CA, but thought I would pass it along. There is a bunch of info on the site, but it also says that Strasburg will not be signing at the event.

But here is the link: Strasburg 5k

Check it out and hopefully some people can find this helpful.

-Justin

renaissancemanla

Premier Member
Credits
I debating driving down from LA for this. It's a good cause, but a lot of drive-time, and as much as I'd love a Gwynn photo signed, it does seem clear that he'll be signing, and if he is, he'll surely be slammed. The complimentary signed Strasburg item is a nice touch though - I hope 1000+ signatures doesn't mess up his rehabbing!

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
from the site...

Please note: SDSU Baseball Team will be available for autographs following the race. No memorabilia is permitted on the property nor will it be signed.

SDgrapher24

Premier Member
Credits
I'm going since I live nearby and I'm a big SDSU fan. I picked up my packet yesterday, and it included a signed 5x7 (not a PP or AP) Cant believe Strasburg has signed over 1000 of these!

Also expected to be in attendence are Adrian Gonzalez :D Aaron Harang, Tony Gwyn Jr, and some others.

AutographMaster

Moderator and Lifetime Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
Not the least bit surprised he's not signing, down here in FL you could tell he hated signing from day one. It also seems like once he got to the upper minors and then the majors he enjoyed the fact that he can get out of signing due to less fan access. Down here in Viera he had to walk by us to get anywhere.

At least people will get pre-signed photos, that's not bad.

Gleng2

Lifetime Member
Credits
Can you post a pic of the 5x7?. I paid the $35 and they agreed to mail me one after the race.

SDgrapher24

Premier Member
Credits
Can you post a pic of the 5x7?. I paid the $35 and they agreed to mail me one after the race.

My scanner's down, I'll try and get one up soon. Stephen used to be pretty good at SDSU post-game (but slowed down as the season eneded) so I'm hoping he'll revert to his old ways at his alma mater!