The National: FREE SIGNINGS not advertised!

Notorious B.E.G.

Founding Member
Credits
Singed everything? Is there a premium for burnt cards? When did Dmitri become a pyro? Just kidding! I couldn't resist!

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
dmitri was there. he was a cool guy. the poster is just him in the middle and "his" card collection around him. someone is saying that dmitri young has his own card collection of only gem mint 10's from psa. it was amazing to see old cards like that in such great condition but from what it looked like they paid dmitri to say it was his collection. the booth with dmitri was the first one you saw when you walked in. the guy also had babe ruth signed balls that passed psa/dna and only had crazy expensive stuff. the cards that were supposed to be dmitri's said the dmitri young collection in the psa card slab! it was for sure just to get more money on those cards. but besides all that dmitri was awesome. i wish i had more heads up i would have brought some cards for him. he would have signed everything.

nymets once again shows his age with this quote... you live and graph in the balt/dc area and don't know about 'd meat hooks' card collections??? Dimitri has a LEGEDARY card collection! When he played for the nationals he would show up at the Chantilly VA card shows in the morning and shop... he would have to leave in time for Batting Practice that afternoon. He has the $$$$ to buy all the top shelf cards he wanted when he was a kid, so now he does! when he was on that fake "Rehab" with AA hagerstown 2 years ago he would come by and tell us all what cards he'd picked up recently. He only likes GEM MINT stuff though, He liked my 1951 Red Back Complete set (with variations) but said when he gets one each card will be GEM MINT graded 10's... I don't have that kind of cash...

I can attest the cards in the front case that were maked "The Dimitri Young Collection" were 100% his! The other stuff at the booth were from the company's stuff for the auctions they run(consignments?). But all the PSA 10 rookies in that front case were D meat hooks!

nymets575

Premier Member
Credits
Haha yeah, never knew he had that cool collection! he was by it but in no way was he really trying to show it off, besides having it in the front case! I was wearing a harrisburg senators strasburg shirt and he said he remembers when he played there. It seems he has a lot of money to be buying like 60 year old gem mint 10's! I'm guessing Dmitri was smart and didn't waste all his money during his playing days like some athletes. I used to go to about 15-20 nationals games a year on my grandpa's nationals ticket plan in 2005- 2006. My grandpa would never go to the games. I was only like 10 years old when they came to DC so i could get most of them. I still have all those balls. i would get a guy to throw me one and get it signed by everyone who signed. I still remember a grapher who gets helmets signed by the whole team. I actually saw him when i got strasburg in bowie. But i guess i never really went in 07 cause i dont remember seeing Dmitri in DC. He said he lives in Florida now so i guess he isn't seen at the CSA shows anymore.

Orioles_Fan_1983

Premier Member
Credits
I really wish I could go, since this is practically in my backyard. But, alas, the process of renovating and selling my house is taking top priority, both with my time and with my wallet. :(