GoPhillies23

Founding Member
Website
www.theweighinpodcast.com
Credits
ANOTHER UPDATE:

Denver Broncos Rookie Star Added Feb 3rd
AL Baseballs Available For Jose Canseco &
Name Engraved Bats Will Also Be Available.
Former Dallas Cowboys Legend Coming May 19

More Guests Added To the Show

Sports Card Show / Autograph Signing
Saturday Feb 3rd / 10am - 4pm
North Phoenix Baptist Church
Admission $1 / Free After 3pm
60 Tables / Vendors Confirm Your Space

Autograph Lineup
Green Bay Packers Legend Max McGee /11am
Made NFL History 1st Touchdown in Super Bowl
Autographs $25 Each Any Item
Includes 1 Free Inscription

1986 AL Rookie of The Year
1988 AL Most Valuable Player
1st 40/40 in Baseball History
Former Baseball Superstar Jose Canseco /12pm
Note: We Are Soldout of His Book JUICED at
This Time But are Working on Getting More
Autographs $29 Each on Any Item
Includes 1 Free Inscription
We Do Have 12 Name Engraved Bats [$75]Each
AL Baseballs $22 Will Also Be Available

His Career Started in Tolleson Arizona
He Went on To Become The 4th All-time
Leading Rusher in University of Arizona History
This Season he Was one of the Top Rookie
Running Backs in The NFL
Denver Broncos Mike Bell /1pm
Autographs $20 Each Any Item

GoPhillies23

Founding Member
Website
Credits
He Was The Cubs 3rd Baseman For 14 Years
9 -Time All-Star / 5 Gold Gloves
Future Hall of Famer
Ron Santo
Has Been Added To The Autograph Lineup
Saturday February 3 / 11am - 1pm

qbyankee

Credits
GoPhillies23 said:
Future Hall of Famer
Ron Santo

Which hall of fame is he qualified for?!?!

GoPhillies23

Founding Member
Website
Credits
qb1yankee said:

I don't know, I just copied and pasted from the flyer that was emailed to me.

qbyankee

Credits
GoPhillies23 said:
I don't know, I just copied and pasted from the flyer that was emailed to me.

I was just messing with you dude :)

Authenticink

Founding Member
Credits
qb1yankee said:

It has always been an agruement among sports writers and baseball historians whether or not he belongs in Baseball Hall of Fame. Here is a piece from the article I have attached, what is your decision? Does he belong or doesnt he?

Santo was one of the top ten third basemen who have ever played major league baseball. Santo was the best at his position in the major leagues for a ten year period. His numbers fit him squarely in the middle of those currently in the Hall of Fame who played third base, which is an historically underrepresented position. He was a significantly better batter than half of the current major league third basemen in the Hall of Fame. His home run and walk stats exceed those of every third baseman in the Hall of Fame except for Schmidt and Mathews. He has been ranked by Bill James as among the best 100 baseball players of all time. He was better than a large number of players currently in the Hall of Fame, and was possibly better than over half of the current members. He was a good defender and a terrific hitter who had the misfortune to play on a number of bad teams. His exclusion to date from the Hall of Fame has been a terrible mistake. He belongs in the Hall of Fame and should be elected at the next opportunity

Here is the article
http://mvn.com/mlb-cubs/2007/01/18/why-ron-santo-belongs-in-the-hall-of-fame-part-3/

qbyankee

Credits
Authenticink said:
It has always been an agruement among sports writers and baseball historians whether or not he belongs in Baseball Hall of Fame. Here is a piece from the article I have attached, what is your decision? Does he belong or doesnt he?

Santo was one of the top ten third basemen who have ever played major league baseball. Santo was the best at his position in the major leagues for a ten year period. His numbers fit him squarely in the middle of those currently in the Hall of Fame who played third base, which is an historically underrepresented position. He was a significantly better batter than half of the current major league third basemen in the Hall of Fame. His home run and walk stats exceed those of every third baseman in the Hall of Fame except for Schmidt and Mathews. He has been ranked by Bill James as among the best 100 baseball players of all time. He was better than a large number of players currently in the Hall of Fame, and was possibly better than over half of the current members. He was a good defender and a terrific hitter who had the misfortune to play on a number of bad teams. His exclusion to date from the Hall of Fame has been a terrible mistake. He belongs in the Hall of Fame and should be elected at the next opportunity

Here is the article
http://mvn.com/mlb-cubs/2007/01/18/why-ron-santo-belongs-in-the-hall-of-fame-part-3/

I agree he is better then a lot of players in the HOF but I don't think those players belong either. Don't get me wrong he has some nice stats but he is no mike schmidt, george brett, or brooks robinson. I'm sure he will get a vet commit. hof sooner or later. Now days its got away from great stats and gone more towards if they were a media darling. I've met him before, super nice guy but I just don't think his stats are HOF worthy.