Willie Mays MAB Signing

HRocket

Premier Member
Credits
FYI - Willie Mays is doing a MAB Signing on April 17th. I've talked to Nick, he handles the mail order and he tells me that Willie will be signing in Blue Ballpoint. Tristar usually lists his flats/baseballs at $300, MAB is starting at $279. I know you can get it way cheaper on EBAY but I don't trust PSA or any other 3rd party authenticator.

What do you guys think?

I've been assured by MAB that he will sign in Ballpoint Blue.

Here is the link.
MAB Celebrity Services - 3000 Club - April 17-18

chinmusic

Premier Member
Credits
FYI - Willie Mays is doing a MAB Signing on April 17th. I've talked to Nick, he handles the mail order and he tells me that Willie will be signing in Blue Ballpoint. The pricing is lower than Tristar and there is a 10% off your order if you call in before 5pm eastern time today.

Here is the link.
MAB Celebrity Services - 3000 Club - April 17-18

What's his deal with signing baseballs with sharpies?

SoBrave

Charter Member
Credits
If you watched him on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart he seems healthy and in good spirits, but when he went to shake Jon Stewarts Hand he was high and wide. Jon adjusted to shake his hand. I just think hes close to being blind

HRocket

Premier Member
Credits
Yawn. You can get PSA baseballs on Mays on ebay for $120!

My only problem with PSA baseballs is that I personally don't like anything PSA simply because they are 3rd party.

The other issue is that you don't know how long the ink has been on the baseballs and if the owner had it displayed in a bright room.

I was in a store the other day where they had a Ken Griffey Jr signed ball for $125 but the ball was fading the signature out.

For the MAB price you get fresh ink and you are the original owner.

goblues82

Premier Member
Credits
My only problem with PSA baseballs is that I personally don't like anything PSA simply because they are 3rd party.

The other issue is that you don't know how long the ink has been on the baseballs and if the owner had it displayed in a bright room.

I was in a store the other day where they had a Ken Griffey Jr signed ball for $125 but the ball was fading the signature out.

For the MAB price you get fresh ink and you are the original owner.

Is MAB then not the 3rd party? Perhaps to avoid all 3rd parties, I will just cut Willie's hand off to make sure it was really him that signed it! The only other thing is you have to deal with is the Dbags at MAB! $120 is about 40% of the price of the signing! Nowadays they list pictures on ebay too... and if that isnt enough, you can probably buy a jersey for the $280 a ball is at! But whatever, waste your money however you want to.