Willie Mays MAB Signing

HRocket

Premier Member
Credits
Is MAB then not the 3rd party? Perhaps to avoid all 3rd parties, I will just cut Willie's hand off to make sure it was really him that signed it! The only other thing is you have to deal with is the Dbags at MAB! $120 is about 40% of the price of the signing! Nowadays they list pictures on ebay too... and if that isnt enough, you can probably buy a jersey for the $280 a ball is at! But whatever, waste your money however you want to.

I'm pretty sure MAB is not 3rd Party since they are the ones hosting the signing. They will not issue COA's to items that have already left their building. Same with Steiner, they only put a hologram on items that they have witnessed.

3rd Party are authenticators that were not there at the actual signing or had anything to do with the signing. They are people who get paid to examine your autograph.

Don't get me wrong, $280 is high but at the same time there are a lot of people that spend way more for other athletes that don't compare to Willie.

GOOGLE

Founding Member
Website
themaniaccollector.blogspot.com
Credits
The price is also on top of the fact that Nick from MAB is a clown and likely has no idea what he's talking about in that regard. If Willie shows up and says "I'm not signing any baseballs in ballpoint," there is no way MAB is going to return all the mail order items and issue refunds. You would be stuck in that case.

HRocket

Premier Member
Credits
I got an email from MAB and here is what they told me.

From MAB:
His eyesight is getting quite bad, but we found a blue ball point that he likes. He will only use this blue pen that we provide him. We used this blue pen on the ball below.

hrocket-albums-ag-picture613-willie-mays-sample.jpg

Buffalo16

Premier Member
Credits
This makes me happy with the $350 auction i won from steiner - mays ball (blue ball point PSA/Say hey holo), Hank Aaron blue ball point ball, Yogi Berra blue ball point ball, Glass display case.

uniquegraphs

Premier Member
Credits

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
at the dec philly show i mail ordered signed balls of jamie moyer and scott eyer, before the show moyer cancled. tried to call for the status of the refund took multiple trys to get through before i was told my credit card would be credited. show came and went got my eyre ball but moyer charges wasnt credited. after the 1st of the year they sent me a check instead of crediting my card, made no sense seemed like they were holding the money. proceed at your own risk with these guys

HRocket

Premier Member
Credits
hrocket-albums-ag-picture613-willie-mays-sample.jpg

Does anybody know what type of pen was used for this ball?
Is it a Staedlter pen? Does anybody have any experiences with Staedtler's on baseballs?