2009 Brewers "Winter Warm-Up" and "On-Deck" Events

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Good news, Prince Fielder added. He's the same timeslot as Braun so that should spread out chances for everyone to get a big guy. I think I'm gonna show up at about 8 am to wait outside. Think that will be good enough to get Braun?

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Should mention: Hoffman's timeslot was moved back so someone could get Braun or Fielder AND Hoffman. Also, if I am reading it right, your $25 for Fielder includes Weeks

kidk

Premier Member
Credits
There is no way you would get Braun and Hoffman. I think I'll be getting there around 5-5:30 to get Braun, then probably get Gamel and call it a day. I couldnt find anything about a photo line schedule, but Im hoping Braun will have one set up.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Please explain what you mean: Can't you buy a ticket to more than one session if you are among the first people there? Have you gone really early before? I'm planning on getting into the city around 8 for Braun. I could live with Fielder. Do you think there will be more than 500 people waiting by 8? Thanks for any info

Goofy0319

Premier Member
Website
s527.photobucket.com
Credits
Dude showing up at 5 or 5:30 is a little crazy. The only thing you'll gain is some frost bite. This is the first year they're charging for anything like this. Last year, when it was free, I showed up at 8am and had no problem getting Fielder and my brother had no problem with Braun. At the earliest, I would show up at about 8:30am seeing as how it's suppose to be 4 degrees out and they're now charging for autographs. It'll still be kind of crazy when the doors open I'm sure, but it shouldn't be as nuts as it is when the autos are free.

82brewers

Lifetime Member
Credits
it will be nuts, worse than last year. thats what the playoffs will do. there will alot of people waiting outside to get in, i think the majority will come between 9-10. if your at the back of the line, your not getting anyone good.

newagesports

Premier Member
Credits
this event seems like a possible train wreck...thats why i am not going...to drive up get in line early as hell...to maybe get someone good...

cwlarsen30

Lifetime Member
Credits
Just returned from the Brewers "On-Deck" event at the Midwest Airlines Center. I really liked how the event was run this year. Didn't have to wait out in the cold. A lot of standing around, but, I was able to get just about every single 'free' guy including Mat Gamel, Angel Solome, etc. Stations and times were staggered so I didn't have to fear for my life running to stations. Nicely run event...tiring though...and A LOT of people.