Lifetime Member
Credits
Saturday

Larkin-90 ws ball
Reggie Jackson Rookie card
Earl weaver Rookie Card
Mariano Rivera Jersey

And the VIP guests for Saturday

Nice. I was thinking it over on possibly getting Earl Weaver to but won't know for sure until the day of the show when I pickup my Jim Rice ticket. Hopefully they will have autograph tickets for these guests available the day of the show. I sent you a pm...

Orioles_Fan_1983

Premier Member
Credits
The Madness begins Wed........

Nice meeting ya, man!

Also, I'm less than impressed by the way the whole VIP/Super VIP/Super Ultra Mega VIP confabulation the show has created. While it heavily promoted the idea that a VIP pass gets you 5 days attendance, and 12 free autographs, what it will really amount to for most people is about 6 autographs, and that's if they're able to attend all 5 days. The package includes 6 random named tickets, spread out over all 5 days, and 6 "wild card" tickets. Those "wild card" tickets can only be used on the freebie players after all of the paid tickets, all of the Super VIP, the All-Access VIP, and then regular VIP ticket users have gone through the lines ... which will usually take up a player's entire alloted time slot. Even the handlers seemed discouraged tonight by the idea that most players will have to leave with people still in the line at some point. Not to mention, that people who had purchased the All-Access VIP were disappointed to learn that it really didn't get them any special advantages over anyone else in the autograph lines, since the vast majority of people tonight seemed to have Super VIP passes (which always went first). I have a feeling that a lot of people will be overwhelmed, confused, or disappointed by the end of this weekend.

Tonight, I was able to get Bobby Grich and Jack Morris at the VIP lounge (probably the one true benefit to buying a VIP pass), and Qadry Ismail and Ron Hansen at the signing floor. Qadry was great, very talkative and interactive with fans, but I really enjoyed looking over and just watching his brother Raghib Ismail basically partying with everyone in line. He was really making sure everyone who got his autograph also had a good time.

Last edited:

MDR

Premier Member
Credits
Nice meeting ya, man!

Also, I'm less than impressed by the way the whole VIP/Super VIP/Super Ultra Mega VIP confabulation the show has created. While it heavily promoted the idea that a VIP pass gets you 5 days attendance, and 12 free autographs, what it will really amount to for most people is about 6 autographs, and that's if they're able to attend all 5 days. The package includes 6 random named tickets, spread out over all 5 days, and 6 "wild card" tickets. Those "wild card" tickets can only be used on the freebie players after all of the paid tickets, all of the Super VIP, the All-Access VIP, and then regular VIP ticket users have gone through the lines ... which will usually take up a player's entire alloted time slot. Even the handlers seemed discouraged tonight by the idea that most players will have to leave with people still in the line at some point. Not to mention, that people who had purchased the All-Access VIP were disappointed to learn that it really didn't get them any special advantages over anyone else in the autograph lines, since the vast majority of people tonight seemed to have Super VIP passes (which always went first). I have a feeling that a lot of people will be overwhelmed, confused, or disappointed by the end of this weekend.

Tonight, I was able to get Bobby Grich and Jack Morris at the VIP lounge (probably the one true benefit to buying a VIP pass), and Qadry Ismail and Ron Hansen at the signing floor. Qadry was great, very talkative and interactive with fans, but I really enjoyed looking over and just watching his brother Raghib Ismail basically partying with everyone in line. He was really making sure everyone who got his autograph also had a good time.

For Sure..... It was Great at the VIP Lounge.....(only reason I got VIP) I needed Bobby on 3 Multi-signed pieces and I got him on all 3 and Jack on a ball and 5x7 card. Quadry on a 16x20 for (VKing69) Came out amazing.... Signed it large Both Ismail's looked to be worth the money. Quadry talking and personal and like you said Rocket showined everyone in line a good time. Taking pics with anyone who asked as well as talking about their pieces and enjoying himself. I walked around through the tables some and while it is quite overwhelming I did find 1 piece I was needing of a 3x5 of Mark Belanger who has passes to complete one of my signed pieces.

MDR

Premier Member
Credits
Oh yeah and 2 Years ago I heard someone was talking and said VIP was a rip, no extras and actually went last on all signings. I only got it because it got me Bobby Grich on all my pieces.

IMAG0031.jpg

Been working on this Piece and obviously it has some of the other guys confused as well. Grich was no help in naming the guys on it as he we not sure most but knew Reggie and Brooks only...... There are 2 I am not sure about and while I am seeing Bumbry, and Paul Blair I plan to ask both of them of them. If anyone else knows please let me know. I am looking for the person between Grich and Jackson. Been told it was Ken Singleton but even Grich kept saying Bumbry.... Only thing is there is a member on here who asked Al and he said it was not him. As well the Bottom Row far right. I thought it was Blair but no one seems to know. I as well got an Earl Weaver ticket so hopefully he will be able to help me out as when he signed it he is the one who told me about Grich when I thought it was Tippy or Dennis.

sorry for the long post. Thanks

chuckx8

Premier Member
Credits
Oh yeah and 2 Years ago I heard someone was talking and said VIP was a rip, no extras and actually went last on all signings. I only got it because it got me Bobby Grich on all my pieces.

IMAG0031.jpg

Been working on this Piece and obviously it has some of the other guys confused as well. Grich was no help in naming the guys on it as he we not sure most but knew Reggie and Brooks only...... There are 2 I am not sure about and while I am seeing Bumbry, and Paul Blair I plan to ask both of them of them. If anyone else knows please let me know. I am looking for the person between Grich and Jackson. Been told it was Ken Singleton but even Grich kept saying Bumbry.... Only thing is there is a member on here who asked Al and he said it was not him. As well the Bottom Row far right. I thought it was Blair but no one seems to know. I as well got an Earl Weaver ticket so hopefully he will be able to help me out as when he signed it he is the one who told me about Grich when I thought it was Tippy or Dennis.

sorry for the long post. Thanks

Not sure if it is me you are referring to, but I have been trying to get that question answered for years now and can not seem to get a straight answer from anyone. Here is what I have so far...

I brought the print to Ken Singleton and he immediately signed it between Reggie and Grich without instruction. So I am guessing that is correct since he did so unprompted (but who knows...he could be totally wrong too).

Just last week, I asked Al Bumbry about it at his Baysox signing, and once again he played the "I have no idea if thats me" card (when I asked him about the bottom far right). Once before I asked him and he said it was Blair. Then a few weeks later I asked Blair and he said it was Bumbry. So I still have no idea who that is!!!!

For my best guess, I have pieced it together as the following:
Top Row: ????, Reggie, Singleton, Grich, Belanger
Middle Row: Duncan, DeCinces, Brooks, Palmer, ?????
Bottom Row: Earl, Mr Boh

I thought the top row mystery man was Roenicke for the longest time, but he didnt play in 76. Maybe Dauer? Did Crowley ever sport the moustache?
Bottom row could be Bumbry, Blair, Lee May, Cuellar, Grant Jackson?