2012 National Sports Collectors Convention in Baltimore--who's going

JerseyInk

Premier Member
Credits
Anybody heard updates on Dominique Wilkins? Has he canceled for the weekend??

southweststalker

Premier Member
Credits
Anybody heard updates on Dominique Wilkins? Has he canceled for the weekend??

When I was at the ticket table they said they had just been told he was having flight issues, and wasnt sure if we could get to Baltimore on time. They suspended ticket sales and said they would start again when he got there. This was the supervisor informing the workers, and they seemed hopeful he would make it still. This was around 10:30 this morning.

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
Ill be at the national all day today (get to check off an item from my bucket list). Would love to meet up with some members. Shoot me a pm

Orioles_Fan_1983

Premier Member
Credits
Was there again today. Much larger crowd, but definitely better organized than Wednesday/Thursday. Have to give special thanks to Cal Ripken's team, who kept things at his table working like clockwork. They have a system down that works very efficiently for the large crowd to see him AND allows every person to get a pciture taken with him.

Orioles_Fan_1983

Premier Member
Credits
Surprised you didn't get the "Rickey don't pose for free" line.

Years ago, hanging out in front of Camden Yards as a kid, Rickey came walking up the street. Knowing he didn't ever sign, the group I was with just said hello, but another group of people asked him to sign.

"Rickey don't sign no autographs."

They asked if they could take a picture with him instead.

"Rickey don't take no photos."

One of them, frustrated, then said "Can you at least smile?"

As he was opening the door, he turned around, smiling as wide as possible, and said "Rickey don't smile."

celtsrool17

Lifetime Member
Credits
Years ago, hanging out in front of Camden Yards as a kid, Rickey came walking up the street. Knowing he didn't ever sign, the group I was with just said hello, but another group of people asked him to sign.

"Rickey don't sign no autographs."

They asked if they could take a picture with him instead.

"Rickey don't take no photos."

One of them, frustrated, then said "Can you at least smile?"

As he was opening the door, he turned around, smiling as wide as possible, and said "Rickey don't smile."

Well, at $110 per pic with Im sure he was smiling quite a bit at this show. I'm telling you the pic with is the new autograph. I didnt walk around the show but Id be curious to see if the pic with line competed with the autograph line.

MDR

Premier Member
Credits
Rickey was AWESOME today..... I will see about posting video later as I had my camera on Video and he even asked me after signing if I wanted a photo with him. Did not realize he was gonna do that and was already videoing so I said NO and kicking myself for that now.
A little upset I did not get any Rickey 3rd person talk he was normal as could be. Looking forward to Tyson tomorrow, hope to get some Crazy talk.

Cal and crew were AMAZING as well. Reggie Jackson was good not a great deal out of him but John Havlicek sat at the table next to him, said hi to Reggie and he got up stopped signing and walked over to him and was talking..... Then Reggie came back and told the handler he wanted to get a ball signed by him...... Reggie is a huge collector and was later on the floor shopping.... So Cool.

Rod Carew was also in a good Mood.... Not much interaction but a good mood.

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
FREE Signing Tomorrow at Chris Potter Sports Booth (#1509):

Joe Christopher
1960 World Champion Pirates
Original 1962 Mets
etc....