2012 National Sports Collectors Convention in Baltimore--who's going

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
Not sure if it is me you are referring to, but I have been trying to get that question answered for years now and can not seem to get a straight answer from anyone. Here is what I have so far...

I brought the print to Ken Singleton and he immediately signed it between Reggie and Grich without instruction. So I am guessing that is correct since he did so unprompted (but who knows...he could be totally wrong too).

Just last week, I asked Al Bumbry about it at his Baysox signing, and once again he played the "I have no idea if thats me" card (when I asked him about the bottom far right). Once before I asked him and he said it was Blair. Then a few weeks later I asked Blair and he said it was Bumbry. So I still have no idea who that is!!!!

For my best guess, I have pieced it together as the following:
Top Row: ????, Reggie, Singleton, Grich, Belanger
Middle Row: Duncan, DeCinces, Brooks, Palmer, ?????
Bottom Row: Earl, Mr Boh

I thought the top row mystery man was Roenicke for the longest time, but he didnt play in 76. Maybe Dauer? Did Crowley ever sport the moustache?
Bottom row could be Bumbry, Blair, Lee May, Cuellar, Grant Jackson?

I think it's kind of obvious the guy on the bottom right is Blair, regardless what he says (maybe he doesn't like the caricature). And that definitely looks like Singleton between Reggie and Grich.

MDR

Premier Member
Credits
So I know this probably should go in IP, but along with the rest here is from today.

first was Dexter Manley..... Seemed like a nice guy but kinda slow. Totally got no insc. and they did not even take my ticket, wish I had more items to go through again.
2012-08-02_20-37-24_170.jpg

Tippy Martinez was cool. He signed my O's HOF photo and was cool and talked about the others already on it.
2012-08-02_20-39-37_337.jpg

Last and my Favorite for the day was Tom Matte, Really cool dude and was telling stories and talking to everyone. Line was slow but well worth the experience.
2012-08-02_20-37-44_518.jpg

I also fioud I have a lot of extra tickets, I have extra Wild Card Tickets, I have 2 Extra COA tickets I also have an extra John Montefusco Ticket Please let me know and maybe we can make a trade or sell.

celtsrool17

Lifetime Member
Credits
Just at the National getting items authenticated. Im leaving and Rickey Henderson walks by me. He took a couple of pics with. I asked for one and the handler said no he has to go. If he does one hell have to do 10. I said no just 2....me and the guy taking the picture. He was cool. $110 value absolutely free lol

Baltimore-20120803-01221.jpg

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Saw that Frank Robinson and Ralph Kiner cancelled for health reasons. It's been a rough show for cancellations already

southweststalker

Premier Member
Credits
Today was awesome. Met Juan Marichal and got my ball signed and HOF'ed. Bought a tristar mystery ball for $40 and got a Don Sutton ball. No HOF but thats fine. Broke a box of between the pipes at the ITG booth to get the redemption. But the highlight of the day was getting an old school red Washington Senators pennant. One of the old style ones with the tassles on the end. It has the pitcher in front of the capitol and says WASHINGTON SENATORS across it. Wanted one forever. Found a few but the people wanted at least $100. Just as I was gonna say **** it and go buy one, I found a guy selling it for $50. Tomorrow gonna meet Cal Ripken, Kevin Nash, and Gordie Howe. No weekend is better than National weekend