CLIFF LEE PRIVATE SIGNING - JANUARY 2012 - Guage of interest.

SI KING

Lifetime Member & Site Sponsor
Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
Hey Everyone!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! I hope everyone has been enjoying their holiday weekend....

GUAGE OF INTEREST POST TODAY.... HOPE TO GET A DEAL IN PLACE ASAP.

I have a chance at potentially working with Phillies pitching ace Cliff Lee and his marketing / signing agent....

0404_thumb.jpg

1003_thumb.jpg

I'M TAKING A GUAGE OF INTEREST TODAY TO SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE NEED HIM AND ON WHAT KIND OF ITEMS. PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK RIGHT AWAY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.

KINDLY LET ME KNOW HOW MANY YOU NEED AND ON WHAT TYPE OF ITEMS.

Please EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT sikingcollection@aol.com as opposed to sending me a message through this site. it's easier for me to reply via email as opposed to using posts and this site.

CLIFF MIGHT BE TRAVELING INTO THE PHILLY AREA IN JANUARY FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS AND HIS REP MIGHT ALLOW ME TO SIT DOWN WITH HIM ONE AFTERNOON AND GET A BUNCH OF THINGS DONE PRIVATELY.

I'd like to get an idea of how many items would be needed so I can get his rep and Cliff and idea how much time is needed if we can get together and make this happen.

Here is what I'd charge if I can get the deal in place...

Provided I get this done... I will take all items to be signed.
SI magazines, 8x10, 16x20, baseballs, bats, caps, jerseys & helmets. WHATEVER YOU WANT SIGNED.

Pricing
All flats up to 11x14 and baseballs: $80 (with $7 return S&H)
16x20's: $95 (with $10 return S&H if sent in a tube and $17 if sent in a flat box)
Jerseys, Caps, Bats and Equip: $150 (email me for return S&H on specific item)
Inscriptions: $15 per line

I WILL GET YOU A DUE DATE IF AND WHEN I GET THE DEAL IN PLACE.

This was the last Phillies Ace we all needed to get on our 5 Pitcher SI cover so I'm happy to bring this signing to you while not having to pay big big money (like Halladay)

If you have any questions or concerns, just holler back and I'll be happy to help you.

PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK ASAP & I WILL ADD YOU TO THE LIST.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!!!

Scott

SDlou

Premier Member
Credits
Really?? You would expect to pay something like $80 for Koufax? I would imagine he would be no less than $200 starting out for small flats if he ever did an organized signing! That was a good laugh, though, so thanks for the post...

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
Unfortunately, the guys today make so much money they have to be paid disproportionally large sums to sit down and sign. Bob Gibson is a HOFer and can be had at shows for $30-40, but he didn't make in his career what Lee made in 2011. Just another sad state of the game today. :(

SI KING

Lifetime Member & Site Sponsor
Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
Scoreset... dead on correct. It's a shame what these modern day multi gazillionairs make... and then beat the crap out of us for signatures. Unfortunately they make these zillions because WE still pay thes crazy prices and attend the games. It's just freekin crazy.

SDLou... also correct... $80 for Lee is a bargain considering Halladay gets over $150 per sig on a flat.
Oswalt and Hamels are around $85-90 (sadly) so Lee is in line.

JJMOdesto... keep your opinions to yourself... you look pretty silly saying what you wrote. If you have nothing constructive or positive to say, then stay away. Koufax would be about $400 a flat IF HE EVER DID A SIGNING. If you don't want Lee or simply can't afford $80 bucks, then please refrain from posting.

jeff3880wi

Lifetime Member
Credits
$80??? Ouch. Umm not me. Cliff Lee is good yes but he is NOT Sandy Koufax.

Jason Motte got $59 an item at the Sun Times Show in Chicago. I'm sure Lee would be at least $100 if he did a public signing, so $80 is more than fair.

JJmodesto

Premier Member
Credits
JJMOdesto... keep your opinions to yourself... you look pretty silly saying what you wrote. If you have nothing constructive or positive to say, then stay away. Koufax would be about $400 a flat IF HE EVER DID A SIGNING. If you don't want Lee or simply can't afford $80 bucks, then please refrain from posting.

First, you asked for a guage of interest (an opinion) from board members about doing the signing. I gave you my opinion and I am a board member. If you dont want opinions then why ask for them?

Second, you dont need to respond the way you did. I did not say anything negative towards you so why do you feel the empowerment to put an attack on me?

You do not need to respond to these questions. I am just saying it sucks when you provide an opinion that was asked for then criticize someone about it. Pushes people to not post on these boards (I know many who have stopped posting due to this which hurts the site). Best of luck with your signing, I hope it goes well.

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
First, you asked for a guage of interest (an opinion) from board members about doing the signing. I gave you my opinion and I am a board member. If you dont want opinions then why ask for them?

Second, you dont need to respond the way you did. I did not say anything negative towards you so why do you feel the empowerment to put an attack on me?

You do not need to respond to these questions. I am just saying it sucks when you provide an opinion that was asked for then criticize someone about it. Pushes people to not post on these boards (I know many who have stopped posting due to this which hurts the site). Best of luck with your signing, I hope it goes well.

JJmodesto, are you seriously that offended? how come everytime there is a guage of interest thread you do not respond, you only chose this one to respond too?

SDlou

Premier Member
Credits

Maybe you should pay more attention to what the gauge of interest is. He wasn't asking what we thought of the pricing. He simply asked for how many people needed Lee and on how many/what type of items, and gave us what the pricing would be. That's it!