CLIFF LEE PRIVATE SIGNING - JANUARY 2012 - Guage of interest.

SI KING

Lifetime Member & Site Sponsor
Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
Hi All,
Spoke with Cliff Lee's marketing rep last night. I am now able to accept items for the Private Signing. I'll be meeting up with Cliff in Florida between Feb 25th -29th to get the signing done. I can accept all flats up to 16x20 and baseballs. At this point, I respectfully can't take bats or equip as I can't travel with it on the plane. If anyone has any specific requests or questions, Please email me DIRECTLY at sikingcollection@aol.com Sometimes I don't get emails via this website so I apologize when posts go unanswered for a bit. If you email me directly, I will respond immediately.

All items to be sent to:

Scott Smith
4 Dube Court
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444

ALL ITEMS DUE BY FEBRUARY 17th, 2012

All flats up to 11x14 are $80 with $7 S&H
16x20's are $95 with $10 S&H
Inscriptions are $15

Any other questions or concerns... just email me and I'll be happy to help.
Scott

Graphmaster

Premier Member
Credits
I agree with Score about the state of affairs. When i guy makes over 20 mil each year it's impossible to get them to do a signing for 5 grand. Which inturn makes it extremely expensive for the fans to get an autograph. Sports Stars didn't feel the economy crunch, it's us who are trying to live on smaller sallaries. The only realiztic way to collect anymore is to focus on a select team or player and just do quality over quantity.

My ONLY complaint, and this is for ALL signings not just an SI King event, cards should be much less. It makes absolutely no sense that a card costs the same as a ball. And in terms of value, if you pay 80 to get a card signed you will be very lucky to get your money back. As a set collector it kills me that I can't complete sets unless I put thousands of dollars into it.

Texas IP

Premier Member
Credits
80$? i can get him In Person during the season for free. But hey I might be interested.

SI KING

Lifetime Member & Site Sponsor
Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
Graphmaster... I would love to help and I AGREE WHOLE HEARTIDLY that getting cards sign should be a little less... maybe $5-10 bucks per... but unfortunately players could give two craps about what me, you and other collectors, collect. They just see dollar signs as the ink rolls out of a pen or marker. They dont understand that a card is worthless compared to a jersey or even an SI magazine. Sorry to say, the agents and marketing reps don't care either. They just lump it all as 1 flat... but when it's a bigger flat, they love to charge more. I would be more than happy to get your card done at $70 per if you are interested. Still a bit expensive, but I'll take a $10 hit and be happy to help you out. I still make a few bucks and will be happy to pass on the savings if you like. Just email me direct at sikingcollection@aol.com if I can help you.

Texas IP... good luck to you if you go in person. I've gone too many times in NYC and for me to get nothing and spend $30 bucks in gas and tolls every time I go to into NYC to the Phillies hotel, I get shut out... 4 times last year ran me $120. Just not worth my 8-10 hours of time for ZIP. I'm not 17 any more so I don't have the time to waste at the Phillies hotel. Lee is a nice guy, but the whole team SUCKS when it comes to signing. the worst in baseball.

70to66

Lifetime Member
Credits
The Phillies think they are the Yankees of the national league when it comes to signing!

tommyd2107

Premier Member
Credits
I wouldn't say the phillies are the worst signing team in baseball, the Yankees still hold that honor hands down.

sciflyer

Premier Member
Credits
One way to get the Phils cheap is to go to the Phillies Phestival. $10 per graph after the presold ticket line is done. In line for Lee last year, some lady 2 in front of me had TEN jerseys to get signed. Lee looked absolutely pissed, took his time, and had his line cut about 3 after me. There was still maybe 100-200 people that got cut off.
Can't beat 3 OMLB's signed for $30.
Jim