Status
Not open for further replies.

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
At the end of the day, isn't it the person who is buying the tickets, the team sets, the tshirts, the popcorn, the peanuts, the beer, etc giving back more to the player then an autograph that years from now will have little to no value other than to collectors?

Not a good stance to have as an agent Josh as the logic is flawed when you break it down.

Not to say autograph collectors don't take up peoples time now and again but what makes Lorenzo Cain or even Alex Rodriguez better than the game? A game that has always embraced the fans and the art of graphing!

Joshua Kusnick

Lifetime Member
Credits
At the end of the day, isn't it the person who is buying the tickets, the team sets, the tshirts, the popcorn, the peanuts, the beer, etc giving back more to the player then an autograph that years from now will have little to no value other than to collectors?

Not a good stance to have as an agent Josh as the logic is flawed when you break it down.

Not to say autograph collectors don't take up peoples time now and again but what makes Lorenzo Cain or even Alex Rodriguez better than the game? A game that has always embraced the fans and the art of graphing!

This is a business not a game. I dont share the romantic view of baseball that everyone here seems to have but it's the cold hard truth of the matter. It's show business just like any other business in the world. It doesnt matter who wins and loses as long as everyone gets paid.

sanfran22

Founding Member
Credits
This is a business not a game. I dont share the romantic view of baseball that everyone here seems to have but it's the cold hard truth of the matter. It's show business just like any other business in the world. It doesnt matter who wins and loses as long as everyone gets paid.

this is the problem with sports today. too bad guys don't rep themselves. players should take a lesson from arod and do what they want rather than the leeching agents tell them to do.

Joshua Kusnick

Lifetime Member
Credits
this is the problem with sports today. too bad guys don't rep themselves. players should take a lesson from arod and do what they want rather than the leeching agents tell them to do.

And A-rod still paid boras. Somebody has to write the contracts. If teams were honest and fair I wouldnt have a job. I provide a tremendous amount of help to families going through the draft process. Teams would railroad these kids if it werent for advisors. My job and responsibilites are to the players and nobody else. I work for them and do what they say. I work for them. If anyone is to "blame" (I dont see anything wrong with the way sports are) for the current situation you can thank the owners for countless years of segregation,collusion and the reserve clause.

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits

No doubt it is a business but to instruct guys in Single A/AA to not sign more than 1-2 per because that person more than likely is a dealer is wrong. Triple A and maybe the bigs, I would be with you but in Double A or below, the collector to dealer ratio is way way on the side of the collector.

Joshua Kusnick

Lifetime Member
Credits
No doubt it is a business but to instruct guys in Single A/AA to not sign more than 1-2 per because that person more than likely is a dealer is wrong. Triple A and maybe the bigs, I would be with you but in Double A or below, the collector to dealer ratio is way way on the side of the collector.

Why's it wrong? Because people need more? Come on.

WiseAndEck

Mod/Founding Member
Credits
The collectors take the players time and if they sell the autographs which I know most do not they actually take money from the players. Clear enough?

I'm sure there are dealers out there that are just rolling in the money they made off of selling Jereme Milons and Chad Blackwell autographs. :rolleyes:

brian

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
Josh, because of what I just wrote above. Many collectors trade with others. 1-2 for some of these guys with 8+ different cards doesn't even begin to help those who do sets or who are trying to get extras to trade for crap they need in a diff league.

We are talking signed cards by guys in A and AA here. How does them signing 1-2 or 8-10 matter at the end of the day to their future autograph related income? Answer, it's doesn't. I am so glad most players ignore advice like what you just wrote. As an agent of guys in A and AA, you shouldn't even be advising them about signing cards. You should be talking to them about working out, eating right and not screwing some underage girl or boy. Hopefully your autograph pep talks rarely happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.