Doug Harvey HOF Gold Plaque Postcard Group Buy

jimjim

Lifetime Member
Credits
I have been in contact with the Bob Feller Museum about purchasing a bulk lot of Doug Harvey autographed gold HOF plaque postcards. For those who collect these cards, this is the only route to get Mr. Harvey. Unfortunately, he has an exclusive two year deal with the Bob Feller Museum to sign the cards, and he is not signing them for free thru the mail. He is sending out a note directing fans to the Museum to purchase them. Usually I would wait out the two years, but since Mr. Harvey has been sick with cancer, it might be a good idea to get them now. I want to gauge interest on who might want to get in on this group buy. Send me a PM, if interested. Thanks.

Last edited:

SteveG34

Founding Member
Credits
For the right price--$20-30 bucks I would be interested. I sent him one already and havent received anything back yet, but this is the third time that I've heard this same story about the Feller Museum.

jimjim

Lifetime Member
Credits
For the right price--$20-30 bucks I would be interested. I sent him one already and havent received anything back yet, but this is the third time that I've heard this same story about the Feller Museum.

It would be more like $40 for the autographed postcard. They are charging $55 on the website.

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
The story is definitely true, received word through Tom Orr that Harvey is signing them exclusively for the Feller Museum. Problem is, the ones Orr got and the ones now on eBay were all signed in black sharpie.

If you can get the plaques signed in blue sharpie, I would definitely be interested.

qriggins

Premier Member
Credits
Is Harvey done with TTM altogether. I sent him a ROMLB 21 days ago and haven't heard anything.

Pothole069

Founding Member
Credits
i sent a 8x10 and a gold plaque + a $20 check and too have heard nothing. At least he hasnt cashed my check yet. If you can find out the actual price for the plaque on a bulk buy, let me know and maybe ill be interested.

jimjim

Lifetime Member
Credits
Ten postcards need to be purchased (outside of mine) to make it work. The price would be $40 plus/minus a few dollars. That is at least $15 cheaper than being sold on the website. Plus they are charging a high rate for shipping.

I agree that $40 is too high for Harvey, but I learned my lesson with Kirby Puckett. I kept putting off getting him on a HOF postcard, as his prices at shows were $70-80 and I thought that was outrageous. I figured I would get him in-person or thru the mail sooner or later....

Now his signed plaque cards sell in the rage of $250++. Like I said, I usually would wait out the 2 year exclusive contract, but I am going to make an exception for Harvey based on his medical history.

Last edited:

snuffytut

Founding Member
Credits
I saw Harvey at an event a couple of weeks ago. He was very nice about it, but declined to sign a gold plaque for me. He then went on and signed both a HOF program and yearbook without a problem. The Feller museum is the only way to go. He also looked quite bad health wise, so waiting him out is really not an option in my opinion. Regardless of the cancer, he is 80+ years old, so the odds of a lot of time for signing are not all that great. If you don't already have one, I would drop the money while you can.

Chris

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
Did you clarify if you will be able to get them signed in blue? If so, put me down for at least 1, maybe 2.