Ernie Banks Signing 12/4 Lombard,il

Laws

Founding Member
Credits
Laws-Maybe its just me but can you explain further? I read it as you pay$50 and get an autographed wine bottle, and then you get one additional autograph on an item of yours included for $50. Are you saying that the $50 gets you your item signed along with an un-autographed wine bottle?

Correct 1 autograph $50 not

1-bottle signed
1-additional

you can get the wine bottle signed if you want but that is all you will get, at least from what i have been told.

Give them a call and see if they tell you something different, I can't justify driving 2 hours in the snow (which they are calling for) to get an autograph for $50. I could go on ebay and get Ernie on something for $50 and not leave my home.

If I were getting 2 autographs it might be different

I was also told you can only purchase 3 bottles of wine maximum for a total of $150 meaning at most you can get is 3 items per person.

They are losing out on my $150 by not having him sign the bottle and 1 additional, I had at least 3 people that would have spotted me a $50 for a signed bottle, in return I would get the additional, oh well thats life I guess.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
I have no dog in this fight, but this is what it says on the website:
After your holiday shopping, stop by Harry Caray's Italian Steakhouse in Lombard for a special wine signing with Ernie "Mr. Cub" Banks. On December 4 beginning at 6:00 pm the baseball legend will be signing bottles of his signature Ernie Banks 512 Chardonnay , the perfect gift for Cubs fans and wine lovers alike. In addition, for each bottle purchased, Ernie will sign one additional item. For more information, please call 630.953.3400.

I would take that over the word of some moronic hostess who answers the phone.

SoBrave

Charter Member
Credits
Seat Back

Just got my seatback from Stadiumseats.com down on Lincoln. They have alot of construction going on at the moment but Whitney could not have been nicer and more helpful. Got a great looking bright green seatback that will be nice to have all the HOF'ers sign. I do not care about the drive since I live in Naperville and it will only be about 20mins or so. I will make the decision on how many things I wish to get signed when I get there......

Hope to see some board members there.

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
I called yesterday and spoke to three different people and they all confirmed, you get the wine bottle (which are all going to be pre-signed, according to them) and an additional item for the $49. I asked about mail order, and they said they couldn't get me anything signed, for whatever reason, but they would sell individual bottles signed for $49 a piece, plus $7 shipping.

frankiebones022

Premier Member
Credits
ya i confirmed too. they will do bottle plus one. laws you should make the trip . its totally worth it ! nice on the seatback so brave . you seen mine right ?

Pabs82

Premier Member
Credits
I will be leaving the South Loop at 4 so it will be an adventure to see if I get there by 6. I'll be there - most likely with a seatback also (great ideas everyone) and a jersey number. I'll be in the black fleece with the Arsenal scarf and a white patch of hair on the back of my head. Cant miss me.

SoBrave

Charter Member
Credits
signing

Great Signing. Dutchie Carry was there talking and taking pictures with people. The limit was 1 auto with every bottle of signed wine you purchased. Mr. Banks was doing more than that for people since how nice he truly is. I only brought one item like it said, could have gotten another but who cares.

1 Bottle of signed 512 Wine for my Father for CMas
1 Signature w/ Mr Cub inscription on Wrigley Seatback

Every signing in the Chicagoland area the same dealers are at the front of the line and they were the ones bitching over n over again cause for each bottle they bought they only got 2 things signed. 1 more than they should of. Come on people, it is for god damn charity. You are selling it anyway

frankiebones022

Premier Member
Credits
ya haha. i ran into pabs82 there. was cool. we saw some old guy yelling at a waitress of ALL people !! about how many per bottle. old man was a ebayer for sure !!!! but ya i got 1 bottle , a 8x10 of me ernie and my son , signed ! (priceless) and handed him a baseball , he was happy to sign that too !! great x-mas gift.

Pabs82

Premier Member
Credits
Yeah turned out I was right in front of Frankiebones so it was nice to put a face to the name of someone on the board. I thought it was run well and it was totally worth it.

Bought two bottles of wine, got a jersey number and a seatback hammered out. Considering what the cost would have been at the Sun-Times show, I feel like I got a bargain.