november sun times show

SoBrave

Charter Member
Credits
Prices

I do not know about you guys but there are some really good prices for guys this show. I have seen many of these guys a few times, and some i need a signature for a multi signed item but I will be paying again. I like the idea of the roll back pricing continuing for this show. I will suck it up for Hollywood Hamels still.

I am kind of excited to think of what Items I can possibly start at this show.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
I have to agree that the rollback prices were very impressive, particularly $49 any item for Bob Gibson. That's very strong. I think the Gary Carter rollback pricing isn't so great because it's not really a large reduction in price from where I've seen him. My one real "complaint" if I can even call it that is that the days don't have the usual theme. True, the Packers guys are mainly Saturday but the football/baseball Saturday/Sunday model has been tossed aside. Maybe that will draw more people coming multiple days, but for people like me who will likely just pick one day it presents some tough choices on which day to go. Lastly, the Friday night even should be fun because they did a really good job on good names/good prices.

salty99

Premier Member
Credits
I have to agree that the rollback prices were very impressive, particularly $49 any item for Bob Gibson. That's very strong. I think the Gary Carter rollback pricing isn't so great because it's not really a large reduction in price from where I've seen him. My one real "complaint" if I can even call it that is that the days don't have the usual theme. True, the Packers guys are mainly Saturday but the football/baseball Saturday/Sunday model has been tossed aside. Maybe that will draw more people coming multiple days, but for people like me who will likely just pick one day it presents some tough choices on which day to go. Lastly, the Friday night even should be fun because they did a really good job on good names/good prices.

I agree on Carter. Wasn't he charging $25 per up in Long Island?

KyNick

Premier Member
Credits
I am getting Johnson on a ball for sure and also 2 11x14 SI covers. Hamels on a ball as well and SI 11x14 cover.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
I don't do a ton of ballpark graphing or Cooperstown graphing but here's my best recollections on Carter:
-He'll sign IP for $25 cash or check to his charity, I know that includes cards but I think he'll do a ball that way as well
-He was $49 for balls 5 years ago in Chicago and I think he may have moved up slightly towards the $59 price range. That said, the $49 for balls isn't a great deal. If you were looking for a signed bat then this is a pretty decent deal. I don't mean to nitpick but I do think it's a stretch to call Carter's prices rolled back much. They did a nice job on the others. In their most recent shows, they've done a great job of getting baseball HOF'ers on rollback prices. I just feel they could stand to do more football HOF guys like that too. We've seen from the Ditka shows in the past that there a plenty of very inexpensive football HOF'ers that people would love to add to projects, etc.

KyNick

Premier Member
Credits
Looks that way from what I read. Balls for sale 13.99. No mention of extra fee like some do for mail in sigs.

jgfla89

Premier Member
Credits
i compared the prices to the others...some guys are wayy more expensive for mail in than in person, if someone goes to this could they possibly be able to get mike schimdt for me since he has the free inscription and all and is 30 bucks cheaper, i could hook you up

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
I don't think the rollback prices will work for mail-ins based on the language they are using. Anyways, I ordered my tickets this morning for Gibson, Snider, and Hornung via phone. I would have done online but there are some price discrepensies. For instance, they list Hornung at $29 but he's $49 on the order form and Gibson is now 39/59 but $49 any item on the order form. When I ordered Gibson over the phone they gave me the any item price so I assume they will honor that. very excited for the show although it is two full months away!