Pedro in Boston 12/3 - wish I could go

jbk150

Founding Member
Credits
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here

Pedro In Town For Dana Farber
November 29, 2011
Dear BoSox Club Members:

Former Red Sox ace Pedro Martinez will be collecting toys at HomeGoods in Bedford, MA to benefit pediatric cancer patients at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the underprivileged youth in the Dominican Republic through the Pedro Martinez and Brothers Foundation. The toy drive will be held on Sat., Dec. 3, from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. at HomeGoods, Great Road Shopping Center, 309 Great Rd. (Route 4, next to TJMaxx) in Bedford.

Attendees who donate two new, unwrapped toys during the event, will receive one autograph from Pedro Martinez who will be signing in person at the event. Attendees should bring their own items to be signed and no photographs please.

For more information about the toy drive please contact Scott Shuster, Jimmy Fund Council of Greater Boston at 617-393-2311.
Sincerely,

Steve Dukeman
President
BoSox Club

alejandro clemente

Premier Member
Credits
Wow. I'm driving up from New York for this. El Duro is my favorite player of all time. Well - next to Roberto Clemente.

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
grapher: "let's see...i can go to the dollar store and buy two $1 gifts and exchange them for one pedro graph?"
event organizer: "yeah, that's correct."

they have things like this around here and larry little and dwight stephenson show up. pedro martinez? yeah, i'd be there in a heartbeat, too

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
So can you buy 6 toys and get 3 graphs?

alejandro clemente

Premier Member
Credits
I called up. No multiples - so if you want more than one, you will have to bring somebody with you. That is a good thing though. He is only going to be there for 2 hours so they want to give as many people an opportunity as possible. And we all know that people will take advantage and buy 20 toys from the dollar store and want 10 autographs. Holiday spirt everybody - all of us who are going, lets do the RIGHT THING by these kids. Nice toys, for a great cause. After all, even at 50 bucks per, its a great deal.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
I called up. No multiples - so if you want more than one, you will have to bring somebody with you. That is a good thing though. He is only going to be there for 2 hours so they want to give as many people an opportunity as possible. And we all know that people will take advantage and buy 20 toys from the dollar store and want 10 autographs. Holiday spirt everybody - all of us who are going, lets do the RIGHT THING by these kids. Nice toys, for a great cause. After all, even at 50 bucks per, its a great deal.

Agreed...this is not a time to skimp on gifts! If you dont want to do it right..dont go...thats not the reason for the season!

red33sox

Premier Member
Credits
I will be going. Evern for the 2 hour drive, 1 auto is worth it to any Sox fan.
Anyone know if he will do 16 x 20s? I don't want to "be that guy," but Pedro is the man.