Phillies Phestival June 13, 2011

wolfeman

Premier Member
Credits
I have gone the last 3 seasons and it has been awesome. Last year my son pulled a Halladay autographed ball from a grab bag as well as an Utley autographed hat. What a day...

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
I haven't gone since they won the Series in 2008. It was crowded then, I can't even imagine what it's like now. It really is an awesome event, but excessive crowds just isn't my thing. I always made out decent just buying a $10 ticket (no autos) and waiting for the lines to die down, then handing over the extra $10 or whatever for the stations I really wanted. The games and grab bags are definitely awesome though. I've gotten bobbleheads, hats and other giveaways, my cousin got a Ruiz signed ball once, but they're usually worth every cent of the $20 (or are they more now?). The bag they come in is usually pretty nice too.

Man, now I'm talking myself into going. :D

rickphils1

Lifetime Member
Credits
I have heard a rumor from usually reliable source that this year all tickets will have numbers. In other words, no exchange tickets with all day mystery lines. It would mean that there would be no reason to get there early but also mean that you couldn't guarantee a star auto by being in front of a random line. Will let you know more when/if able to confirm.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
That actually sounds more reasonable although if you want the stars you are out of luck. Perhaps it will cut down on the early lines...like you said no reason to get there early. It seems like they want to discourage the early lines as they will need security to keep these lines orderly..there are always people who get disorderly at this kind of thing. Sad but true that these things have been ruined by dealer and overzealous collectors.

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
I wouldn't mind the change either, as long as they keep the $10 buy-in towards the end of the event. They usually get through the reserved tickets pretty quickly. Last yer, they did a pretty good job of making sure everyone who got in line by the end got an autograph except for Shane and JRoll.

Babio55@verizon.net

Lifetime Member
Credits
ruined by dealer and overzealous collectors. - isnt this most of the hobby not just this event?

i may try this out this yr hopefully it isnt too bad anyone know when the packages go on sale?

KenJ

Lifetime Member
Credits
It will be interesting to say the least! It would be nice if you knew before you went who you had tickets for.

In any event, this means the spreadsheet we compiled last year could come in handy if you can't use the "exchange" process to get them.

rickphils1

Lifetime Member
Credits
If they go this route I would be shocked if they told you who was going to be at a particular booth until a few hours before.

jake533

Premier Member
Credits
Sign me onto the spreadsheet. I need Halladay, Lee, Oswalt & Hamels. Willing to trade anyone else for these guys.