Phillies Phestival June 13, 2011

KTroublesome

Premier Member
Credits
I like that they are doing this, but last year i did pretty well with the exchanges. Kinds bummed.

FlaccoFanatic5

Premier Member
Credits
I like that they are doing it this way better, and that's coming from one of the people who's always been at the front of the line getting who they wanted for exchanges. It's just more convenient for everyone this way. Hopefully they'll let you know who the numbers are at least a few hours in advance so people don't have to haul in a ton of items for players they won't have tickets for.

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
It would be great if they just sent you the ticket with the player's name on it. At least that way you can try to get the guy you want second hand.

rickphils1

Lifetime Member
Credits
I can't imagine anyway that they would send anything but a ticket with a station number on it. If the ticket has a name they will be on eBay and there will be a lot of people complaining about why they got a Herndon auto and someone else got a Lee. Also, if a player gets sick and can't make the appearance they would have a major problem making it right for the people who missed out on that player. With a number, they can shuffle the players to station a couple of hours before the event opens.

In the past if you had friends or family in each of the lines early it meant you were going to do exchanges for all of the big guys. Waiting in line from 8 AM till just before 5 was a pain but still better spent than trying to wait outside before or after a game or on the first baseline. The Phillies this year have been brutal at home. Last Sunday the only one that signed coming out of the stadium was announcer Tom McCarthy. At the rail and over the dugout pre-game not a single player signed. The Sunday before there was no BP and not a single pitcher signed in RF while they loosened up on a non-BP day game.

Now at the Phestival it's pot luck as to who you get. I have been doing Phillies photocard, program and 8x10 program inserts for years and always could rely on the Phestival to clean up the ones I needed who were still on the roster. It is definitely getting more difficult to keep up with an auto need list unless you are willing to pay in the range of $15 for Wilson Valdez to $150 for Roy Halladay at shows. I would much rather kill a whole day waiting for an exchange than driving all over to go to shows and killing even more time waiting in line for a show auto.

Last edited:

KenJ

Lifetime Member
Credits
A question I have is how many exchange tickets did they give out in the past for the "non-stars" and will their lines now be longer. To Rick's point it was nice to be able to run around and get them on "set" projects.

For what it's worth, I will put together the spreadsheet again. PM me with name, email address, cell phone and your priorities.

My #1 & 2 are Howard and Rollins as they are the last 2 active Phillies I need on my WS bat and will leave Burrell, Myers, Taguchi and Steve Smith. Would be trading Lee, Hamels, Victorino, Polanco......

Also- does anyone know if they ever post the results for the live auction?

Last edited:

jake533

Premier Member
Credits
My #1 & 2 are Howard and Rollins as they are the last 2 active Phillies I need on my WS bat and will leave Burrell, Myers, Taguchi and Steve Smith. Would be trading Lee, Hamels, Victorino, Polanco......
?

I need Lee & Oswalt so if I get Howard or Rollins I possibly would trade with you.

rickphils1

Lifetime Member
Credits
The gates open at 5 and the signings start at 6. If you are doing multiple lines there is an advantage to getting in the front of your first one early so you have time to get to the others in the allotted time. If you are only doing 2-3 stations, you will have plenty of time without waiting early. The other reason to get there early would be to try to trade your tickets before the gates open. Once the event starts trades will be very diffiicult.