Texas Longhorns Fan Appreciation Day

rrussou812

Premier Member
Credits
AUSTIN, Texas -- Longhorns fans will have three opportunities to get a first-hand look at the Texas football team as it prepares for its season opener versus Arkansas State on Sept. 1 (6 p.m./FSN pay-per-view).

The first two practices of the season on Monday, Aug. 6, and Tuesday, Aug. 7, will be open to the public with both sessions starting at approximately 6:45 p.m. at Frank Denius Fields (corner of 26th Street and Red River).

However, if practice is moved inside The Bubble at any point, space limitations prevent the workout from remaining open. Fans are encouraged to park at the Manor Garage (PG 5) located on Dedman Drive across from Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium for the open practice sessions.

The open workouts conclude with a scrimmage at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium at 7:15 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18. That day also is Texas' annual Fan Appreciation Day presented by Wendy’s. Following a break for brunch, the UT squad will be available for autographs beginning at 10:15 a.m. Fans will be limited to two autograph items per person.

Bcfan9876

Credits
Wow if anyone is going to this... LMK i would trade good for a Colt McCoy signed mini helmet.

clarendoncm

Charter Member
Credits
Bcfan9876 said:
Wow if anyone is going to this... LMK i would trade good for a Colt McCoy signed mini helmet.

I go every year. But the 2 items per person make it difficult to get nothing other than a team football and one signle signed item.

rrussou812

Premier Member
Credits
I wrote to the football coach's office and they are unsure if they are going to do the wristband thing like they did last year or just come stand in line and wait like year's past..

They advised to just keep checking the site for more updates, and to be sure to bring a photo id if you go.

rrussou812

Premier Member
Credits
Me and my bro got there about 3:30am yesterday and were # 70 & #71 in line. By the time 7am rolled around they announced due to possible inclement weather the scrimmage was cancelled (they moved it to the team's non public indoor bubble) but were still having the autograph session.

They advised us we could leave & but be sure to be back in line no later than 10:30. So we left had breakfast, slept in the car for a little bit and got back in line around 9:45. I noticed when we got back in line they were still giving away wristbands
It really was a clusterfest trying to get everyone to line back up in order according to the # on your wristband.

After standing around in a packed line with sweaty people the line FINALLY started moving at 11:30am and we went inside the training facility hallway in about groups of 20 or so. Once we got in they checked your stuff HARD to make sure you only had 2 items and that you showed your id plus that form they make you fill out. They even did a claim check on any extra bags you had at the door and would give them back to you at the end of the signing.

The starters, seniors, and coach Brown signed I managed to get..

1 Longhorns f/s white panel football signed by team
1 NCAA football signed by Colt McCoy (which turned out bad b/c I forgot my paint pen and used a silver sharpie)
1 Horns Illustrated Nate Jones, Limas Sweed, Billy Pittman
1 8x10 signed by Billy Pittman

I managed to sneak that 8x10 in on the inside of my Horns mag, I noticed some people though ran to get something out of their bag and get Jamaal Charles to sign their jersey since he was at the end of the line. The guy in front of me was getting two f/s helmets signed and had Jamaal sign the jersey he was wearing, so they weren't really watching anything once you was in line.

It was a long LONG day and I was drained since I had been up since 1pm the day before.

While I was waiting I did talk to one of the event staffers and he said even though the site said it would be giving away 500 bands, they actually gave out close to 1000. I'm guessing they gave out more b/c of no public scrimmage but I know there's no way in hell the team stayed to sign for that many...

I honestly could see them just going to having a scrimmage and not having the autograph sessions anymore because of how many people are showing up for this thing vs all the additional help and people it takes to make this thing happen, not that I want that to happen just my opinion.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share my day.

P.S: My pic wound up on mackbrown-texasfootball.com on the pics for the fan day, i'm the guy in the gray Texas shirt on pics #8 & #12.

larryb

Credits
rrussou812 said:
Once we got in they checked your stuff HARD to make sure you only had 2 items and that you showed your id plus that form they make you fill out.

What form did they make you fill out? Do you have to sign that you won't sell your autographs? Also, what if you are underage and don't have an ID? What happens then?

rrussou812

Premier Member
Credits
larryb said:
What form did they make you fill out? Do you have to sign that you won't sell your autographs? Also, what if you are underage and don't have an ID? What happens then?

Basically a form saying you wouldn't put it on ebay, sell it..blah blah blah.

As far as underage kids I know most of them were accompained by an adult or someone old enough to have an ID.