Tristar Show - Houston - June 24-26 2011

celtsrool17

Lifetime Member
Credits
What makes it so much better and more fun?

I went to my first and only National in B-More last time and that was only because I lived close by. There were a LOT of framed pieces and high end items for sale by dealers (Ali, Tiger, artwork, etc) that were in the $1k-3k range. Also as you might imagine the auto guests were high as most shows. Ripken upwards of $200, etc. If that is for you then go for it. I mainly went to get my items PSAd and to see what the hype was all about. For people who have the ability to go anywhere in the country for a show I like Shriner's in Boston. Lot of dealers as well and lots of bargains, low and medium priced items, with many national dealers as well.

Last edited:

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
What makes it so much better and more fun?

if you just want autograph guests the national isnt anything special, its the same tristar guest at the same prices at all their shows. wont be any current football unless lockout helps as it is during training camp. you have the cubs sox yanks and reds intown during the national so those players may appear but ushally there is not many current baseball.

if your into new cards cards there are a ton of promotions and contests at the national put on by topps, paninni, leaf ect..... like promo cards, extra inserts in boxes sold at the national, contests where you can win free cards, boxes, or they may have a player signing at their booth if your a contest winner

some of the larger dealers sometimes run promotions with autograph signers at thier tables and booths. i always found the vip packages to be a good deal and since it is 5 days i always met new people at the shows

ive heard people complain it is too big and expensive. however, there is much more there than just $1,000+ framed peices to buy

Shawn_E.

Founding Member & MiLB Photographer
Website
www.myspace.com
Credits
Here is the current lienup

Friday
Ben Tate

Saturday
Evan Longoria
J.A. Happ
Rickey Henderson
Tony Perez
Carlton Fisk
Whitey Herzog

Sunday
Jerrod Johnson
Von Miller
Ray Childress
Yale Lary
Quentin Coryatt
RC Slocum
Jackie Sherrill
John David Crow
Arian Foster
Ben Tate
John Stallworth
Donnie Shell
Joe Greene
Dante Hall
Leeland McElroy
Acie Law
Adrian Peterson
Jack Ham
LC Greenwood
Floyd Little
Andy Russell
Bucky Richardson
Darren Lewis

tgp

Lifetime Member
Credits
I have a family four pack of tickets, so I can sell some extra tickets to this if interested. Also, I'll be going on Sunday for Von Miller. Anyone need anything?

WhySoSerious13

Premier Member
Credits
If anyone would be willing to help on a Von Miller Denver Mini, i would appreciate it. Please PM me if you plan on going. Thx